Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
InvisibleHorizon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Infant seat for TALL driver?

Baby #2 is on the way...DF and I share my car, a 2007 Ford Fusion. DD is 3.5 and FF in a TrueFit, so it's pretty wide.

I'm 5'6" so average...DF on the otherhand is 6'5" and has to have whichever seat he is in ALL OF THE WAY BACK or else his knees pretty much hit the dash.

We are on a SUPER TIGHT budget as I'm an RN who has lost my job (due to pregnancy, but that's another story) and our savings has been 100% eaten up.

We need a short infant seat that can allow the handle to be up while driving in order to help accomodate DF's giant-ness LOL.

I would like to keep one seat behind the driver and the other in the middle that way we can still carry a passenger if needed...but the TrueFit is just so wide that I don't know if that's a possibility...and for DF to still be able to have the driver's seat fully back.

Any ideas?? Should we just bite the bullet and put DD behind the driver's seat and new baby behind the passenger seat and have DF drive everywhere when we are together and not be able to carry passengers?

Selling the car is not an option because we owe more than the car is worth.

Advertisement

InvisibleHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Infant seat for TALL driver?

I'd put your FF kiddo behind the driver.

My kids have to be outboard because the older kid can't keep hands off the baby. It is SOOOO much nicer that way.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have a similar problem, i also married a giant we put our oldest son, who is FF behind the drivers seat and the infant seat is on the passenger side. I just have DH drive when we are out as a family

Do you often have people traveling with you?
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
InvisibleHorizon
Registered Users
seller
seller

No, we don't often have passengers but I just thought that it would be a nice option. I guess we could leave it with one behind each of us and just rearrange if we needed to carry a passenger...I was just hoping for the room and added safety of whichever child was in the middle - but without spending money on a narrower seat for DD (which just isn't an option right now *sigh*) I guess it just has to be one behind each of us. Well, at least until we get back on our feet.

Thanks ladies!
InvisibleHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
maramarrie
Registered Users
seller

The vehicle space is probably a little different, but my tall DH was able to put the seat all the way back in our Pilot when DD was behind him in a Chicco Keyfit 30. It could not be done with a Babytrend Flex Loc.
maramarrie is offline   Reply With Quote