Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #11
Mommy to Eli and Baby#2
Registered Users

Re: First Night in the Floor Bed!!!

DS was in the bottoms bunk of an Ikea kura bed, which is on the floor, at 13months. He was partially off it occasionally when we went to check him and at least once was asleep across the room in front of the hamper. I just dressed him warmly and made sure the room was safe (furniture bolted to the wall and whatnot). He got it pretty quickly and was always in bed when checked on except for a handful of exceptions.

She'll figure it out!

Advertisement

Mommy to Eli and Baby#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #12
beansie19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the replies!! I totally missed the mistake in my siggy, 2011! oops. I had the same thought that if being on the floor really bothered her, she would just move back into bed. Tonight while I was rocking her she asked to go into the bed by pointing to it and saying "night night" so I laid her down, tucked her in and left - Awesome!
Thanks for the encouragement!
Mary, SAHM and DW to DH, Jay Proud parents of Emma Bean! :: 08/19/11. We had a med-free VB and are CDing , BFing, NVaxing, BFMing (baby food making~made that one up), part time ECing, sometimes BWing and ex-CSing ! Pleased to meet you!
beansie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #13
toys2teach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 2 year old is on a floor bed and we have the same issues. Him ending up on the floor doesn't bother so much, but the covers always ending up off of him when he rolls bugs me. He just looks so cold! He even manages to kick and wiggle his way out of a sleeping bag. I suppose if he were that cold he would just wake up...........
Old 02-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #14
photocat
Registered Users

Both my boys like to sleep on the floor from time to time. Right now it's summer and their room gets a bit hot, so my eldest ds on the top bunk wants to sleep on the floor, so of course his brother does too.

But they randomly want to other times too, from when my youngest was about 3 yrs old. No mattresses though, their room is carpeted so I just (in summer) spread out their doona/duvet/comforter? on the floor, they lay on that, then pillow and a blanket or sheet over them. Last night it cooled off during the night so I went to check if they needed blankets and I couldn't find my youngest. He rolls all over the room practically so I heaved back onto his 'floorbed' and covered him up again. Funny, because he's never fallen out of his actual bed, but put him on the floor and he's all over the place.

photocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #15
beansie19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So, I found an extra crib mattress in my mother's basement and found the perfect solution by putting the two together! She is falling asleep on her own and sleeping soundly and reaches right for the bed at nap time and at night and doesn't want to be held/rocked at all! Dare I say this is working out even better than I thought!!
Here are some pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/87264554@N06/8477220628/in/set-72157631545210345
Mary, SAHM and DW to DH, Jay Proud parents of Emma Bean! :: 08/19/11. We had a med-free VB and are CDing , BFing, NVaxing, BFMing (baby food making~made that one up), part time ECing, sometimes BWing and ex-CSing ! Pleased to meet you!
beansie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #16
mjsteensgard
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is encouraging to read. Right now we have been considering using a floor bed. Our 15 month old son is a climber and has been experimenting with climbing out of his crib. I would personally feel safer with him on a floor bed, but was not certain how others introduced the idea or how well it worked for them.
mjsteensgard is online now   Reply With Quote