Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #61
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Mama's February Support Thread

No fever yesterday so I tried to ride the exercise bike but my throat felt like fire so I had to stop. I miss working out. Hoping when dh falls asleep (he's sick too) I can at least try to get the legs/back workout in. I know I can't do the cardio right now but if I can keep the weight training going I can repeat this week (phase2 wk1) next week. STUPID FLU!!!

Advertisement

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #62
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

No exercising has been happening here. I have slept terribly this week. Spent last night with terrible gas. Been on the go all day today. Tomorrow morning I head to the doc, so we'll see what he says and if I can get something going about my thyroid. I did grocery shopping today and am going to work very hard at eating mostly clean. Two of my kids have birthdays in the next 10 days, so I know I won't be eating completely clean. DS, though, said he doesn't need birthday cake, so long as I make sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top. lol. I can do that. I am going to try making a rainbow cake for YDD's birthday, but going to use Cool Whip instead of frosting. Not that Cool Whip is the healthiest option, either. Oh well. There won't be another birthday cake in our house until September, unless ODD surprises me with one formy birthday.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #63
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think my body needs to go paleo...I don't want to...but I think I'm supposed to. It sucks.

It's like the gluten thing...I knew for a while it wasn't working for me...I just didn't wanna give it up...well now I know that I'm reacting to dairy...then dh sends me some stupid link about eating for your body type, and of COURSE, I'm freaking O blood type, and it goes on to say that my blood type is the oldest of the blood types, the digestive tracts of the O blood type has "memories" of ancient times yadda yadda, and I should be eating what my ancestors did, no legumes, no dairy, no beans, no breads, no grains. UGH....the crappy thing? I know it's right, whether or not there is real science behind it...I've had the nagging feeling for so long now...but I just don't wanna. =( I like my cottage cheese and string cheese and trail mix with the delicious (naughty) chocolate chips and M&Ms in it! Anyways, I'm just going to sit in the floor with my arms hugging my knees like my toddler does and pout about this for a while...maybe if I don't get off this plateau I'll eventually try it. But I don't wanna!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #64
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Virginia, I'm type O, as well, and I know I feel better when I have no grains. And no dairy , but I've never gone completely dairy free. I just try to make sure I get plenty of probiotics and I limit my dairy. But it's still hard.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #65
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Boy does that ever make me glad I don't have type O blood! Even if it would make me feel better, I don't think I can do it. Right now I'm having a hard enough time just eating less and lower cal.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #66
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

The one time I went mostly dairy free (didnt concern myself with hidden dairy), I didn't notice a huge difference in how I felt. So, I limit it. I still put cheese on y chili, but less. I will still eat ice cream, but instead of having 4 scoops, I will have 2. Very rarely do I feel like I need more. Grains are a bit harder, especially as they are in so much. I am going to have to work on making my own gravies because the packets have flour.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #67
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/2011/...-and-biscuits/

That gravy is awesome!! I couldn't tell a difference, and neither could DH (which is saying something! lol)
Old 02-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #68
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think I'll cut out obvious dairy. I won't buy anymore cottage cheese or string cheese for myself once it's gone. But I'm not going to stop eating my trail mix...those little morsels of chocolate are what I look forward to each day! lol

I can say that I'm still kinda proud of myself for my weight loss so far...Every time I go to town, someone I know sees me and says, "Wow! You look great!" It feels SO good! I still have another 30-40 to go, but MAN! I'm loving this! I'll never get that heavy again. No way man!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:57 AM   #69
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Can I join now. Here's my info.

Your name Kathy
Starting Weight After having DS I was 215
Current Weight As of 2/15 200 lbs
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March): Realistically I would love to lose 20 lbs by July 4th. So 180. That's only 1 lb a week. Ideally I would love to lose 2 lbs and be 160 but I doubt that will happen.
Long-Term Goal: Anywhere between 120-150
Weight Lost to Date -15 since November 6, 2012.
Weight Loss Plan : exercise and diet.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #70
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome Kathy!

I'm feeling so frustrated. I'm back up to 156! that's 2 lbs higher and it is just not leaving. What is the deal!?! I quit working out, but that's because I know have to get up early every morning to milk a sheep and that's when I was working out. So as long as I'm milking her I don't really have the time to work out. Maybe I'll try this weekend when I don't have to leave for work by 6:45. Just so tired and hungry all the time lately.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote