Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #11
MKDMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Working at home with a 4 month old?!

its possible..I go to school online, and have a WaHM shop and my baby is 4 mo...I wear him if he is fussy and work while he sleeps!

Advertisement

Visit my Facebook Fan page or Etsy shop!http://www.mamakaydesigns.com
http://www.facebook.com/mamakaydesigns
MKDMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 AM   #12
4punkinjude
Registered Users

I will be working from home with my 3-mo old starting March 1st 20 hours a week. We're going to try it out to make sure it works. I have come up with a schedule for myself (which of course will need to be flexible) based on his current needs and habits. And yes, I've included a shower and "get ready" time slot for me. I'm also waking at 4:30 a.m. hope that helps!
4punkinjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #13
My3Fellas
Registered Users

I'm a SAHM with a business where I sew my wares. I have a 4.5 year old and almost 3 week old. I could never turn down my son when he asked if I would play with him while I was working - he will only ask so many times before he's at the "mom is uncool" stage. So I would work after he went to bed. It ended up being long days with little sleep. It is worth it but can be a balancing act for sure!
My3Fellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #14
rellasmommy
Registered Users
seller

I second the mother's helper idea. You would still save money in transportation and child care versus full time day care!
rellasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #15
flyfemme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi, I'm a graphic designer who used to freelance from home before DS was born. He is 3 now and I'm due in August with number 2. I desperately miss design and art and have been wanting to do some small part time work from home to maybe sell on etsy, but having a hard time making it fit into the schedule. I would love some suggestions/tips on what works for you, how to find time with out compromising the kids and other responsibilities, organizing the day etc.

Thanks anyone :-)
flyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:26 AM   #16
lucc
Registered Users

I also have a 4 month old baby, and try to work from home as a jeweler. It's been challenging, because wearing her isn't an option for us (she would be too close to tools, etc.), so i've been working during her naps and after her bedtime. I'm definitely dreaming of getting a mothers helper for a few hours a week tho!
lucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:39 AM   #17
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I work at home full time doing medical coding. It is very challenging and really depends on the baby. If they are an easy baby and not super fussy I think it works ok. I have a 6 year old who is now in school days and a soon to be 2 year old who is with me all day. As a baby I was able to work by putting then in the swing for awhile, or bouncy,or on the floor with toys, playpen etc and they would take naps as well. Now, the youngest is used to it...she grew up like this so she plays, watches some Nick Jr, naps etc all right by me while working. I too would also have her home with me than in a daycare if possible. I think it's also depending on your work and your personality. Can u multitask well.....does your job require total concentration/quite to do...etc. Luckily my job is flexible and I can work days/evenings/weekends if needed so that helps!