Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #111
keriberry
Registered Users

Re: Enable me...Boxers,Danes,Pitbulls,Bulldogs,etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemama View Post
We have decided to seek out a puppy AB and I am so excited! For a number of reasons we have decided a bigger rescue dog isn't right for us now but definitely in the future. So I am so excited to add an AB to our family. They aren't common in our area though we will have to do some looking
Awesome. We adopted a puppy because I felt better knowing how they were treated from Day 1. Also, none of the rescues near us would adopt to us because we had a two year old in the house. We couldn't even use a rescue a kitten because our kids were "too young".

Advertisement

keriberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #112
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keriberry View Post
Awesome. We adopted a puppy because I felt better knowing how they were treated from Day 1. Also, none of the rescues near us would adopt to us because we had a two year old in the house. We couldn't even use a rescue a kitten because our kids were "too young".
We applied for a boxer but, havent heard back I will have to tell her if she contacts us back that we are going to have to rethink that for awhile. I just wasnt 100% safe w/ a new full grown dog of boxer or AB size coming into the house w/ our 14 month old who isnt even walking yet. Not that I worry about aggression as much as just the dog being so big and jumping on her or stepping no her. I am really sad as I wanted a rescue but, when the kids are bigger we will go that route. That is crazy they wouldnt adopt a cat out to a 2 yr old household. I have been in contact w/ a family that has a litter ready to go in April. The closer breeder I have found is 4-5 hours but, that is okay. Also NO puppy mills
Old 02-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #113
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz7 View Post
So just wanted to add my ab mix/dwarf? He was from a federal abuse case and spent 2 months chained to stairs in a basement and rarely fed from 2 months old to 4 months he has quite a face An all round fabulous dog! His name is Otis

Attachment 134272
That makes me sick that people treat animals that way, but woohoo for people like you to step up and help. He is super squishy cheek cute awwww.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:35 AM   #114
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemama
We applied for a boxer but, havent heard back I will have to tell her if she contacts us back that we are going to have to rethink that for awhile. I just wasnt 100% safe w/ a new full grown dog of boxer or AB size coming into the house w/ our 14 month old who isnt even walking yet. Not that I worry about aggression as much as just the dog being so big and jumping on her or stepping no her. I am really sad as I wanted a rescue but, when the kids are bigger we will go that route. That is crazy they wouldnt adopt a cat out to a 2 yr old household. I have been in contact w/ a family that has a litter ready to go in April. The closer breeder I have found is 4-5 hours but, that is okay. Also NO puppy mills
Sometimes it is easier to get an adult dog. They don't have all the "puppy energy." All of mine have mellowed out around 2 to 3 years old. When they were puppies they had so much energy they would run and jump everywhere. An older dog should have mellowed out already and also won't have the sharp puppy teeth.
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote