Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #31
FamiLEE's Avatar
FamiLEE
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 285
My Mood:
Re: Is this a female only site?? Im new :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
Oh my wish my DH was this excited about CDing! I am jealous- my DH has changed 2 paper diapers our DD's (age 7 months) her whole life & that is because I was not home. He thinks I am weird for liking cloth diapers lol. Oh well

Welcome & if I could give you any advise it would be to only get 5 different kinds if diapers to try then figure out what works best for you and your wife & baby & sell what doesn't work. I made the huge mistake of trying like 12-15 different brands & it makes matching laundry & diapering baby stressful. I am currently going through trying to streamline our stash

Hope you like it here & congrats on your baby!!
I guess I never thought about how having too many different types could backfire. So far we have for the newborn stash some bg xs aios, a variety of fitteds like kissaluvs, some covers including thirsties duo, and about 6 prefolds with boingos. My wife is planning on making some inserts and prefolds. Has anyone made them before?

Advertisement

FamiLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #32
Sarah-B's Avatar
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamiLEE

I guess I never thought about how having too many different types could backfire. So far we have for the newborn stash some bg xs aios, a variety of fitteds like kissaluvs, some covers including thirsties duo, and about 6 prefolds with boingos. My wife is planning on making some inserts and prefolds. Has anyone made them before?
Yes I have made diapers before. It is very fun! The best pattern (I have like 8-10 purchased cloth diaper patterns) to buy is most likely the DDU pattern DDU means Darling Diapers Unlimited. It is I think $9.95 & you can make just about any type of diaper from that pattern. Fitteds, prefolds, covers, pockets, AIO,AI2. It has tons of pics & wonderful directions.

Hope your wife likes it as much as I do
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #33
laila's Avatar
laila
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 3,091
My Mood:
Hello! My hubby loves cloth diapering too, but leaves the shopping to me. ;-)
__________________
Mommy of 5 to Emma (10) , Noah(8), Luke(6), William (2.5), and Baby Hazel Lily (born on 3/2/13) , Wife to my best friend, Matt ; Teacher to many.
laila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #34
FamiLEE's Avatar
FamiLEE
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 285
My Mood:
Re: Is this a female only site?? Im new :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
Yes I have made diapers before. It is very fun! The best pattern (I have like 8-10 purchased cloth diaper patterns) to buy is most likely the DDU pattern DDU means Darling Diapers Unlimited. It is I think $9.95 & you can make just about any type of diaper from that pattern. Fitteds, prefolds, covers, pockets, AIO,AI2. It has tons of pics & wonderful directions.

Hope your wife likes it as much as I do
Awesome! Thanks for the info sarah-b. Looks like I will be purchasing that for the wife. She is very excited to make diapers. She has already purchased some PUL fabric along with some other fabrics to start. I will surprise her with the DDU pattern. I am sure she will love it.
Hi Laila. Sounds like a good deal
FamiLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:56 AM   #35
Sarah-B's Avatar
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamiLEE

Awesome! Thanks for the info sarah-b. Looks like I will be purchasing that for the wife. She is very excited to make diapers. She has already purchased some PUL fabric along with some other fabrics to start. I will surprise her with the DDU pattern. I am sure she will love it.
Hi Laila. Sounds like a good deal
That is so sweet to surprise her with the pattern
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #36
FamiLEE's Avatar
FamiLEE
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 285
My Mood:
Re: Is this a female only site?? Im new :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
That is so sweet to surprise her with the pattern
I try
FamiLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #37
crunchymamaNY's Avatar
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Western NY
Posts: 3,628
My Mood:
Re: Is this a female only site?? Im new :)

Welcome! I'm also due in August, and yes, there are a few men on this site, however they are few and far between. It's nice to see another man care enough to get involved this much with his baby and cloth diapering!
__________________
Hi! I'm a mama of 5 amazing beautiful children! 3 boys, 2 girls.
crunchymamaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #38
FamiLEE's Avatar
FamiLEE
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 285
My Mood:
Re: Is this a female only site?? Im new :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymamaNY View Post
Welcome! I'm also due in August, and yes, there are a few men on this site, however they are few and far between. It's nice to see another man care enough to get involved this much with his baby and cloth diapering!
Congrats on the little one on the way! And thanks. I still feel a little weird being on this site. I feel like this is so not me being on here but thing definitely change knowing I'm going to be a dad.
FamiLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:48 AM   #39
anniekins1488's Avatar
anniekins1488
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 3,809
My Mood:
Re: Is this a female only site?? Im new :)

Welcome FamiLEE! I love seeing dads on here.
__________________
If you would like to donate your used cloth diapers to help families in need, please contact me!

Swag with me! I earn $25 in Amazon gift cards every month with very little effort! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Anniekins1488
anniekins1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #40
FamiLEE's Avatar
FamiLEE
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 285
My Mood:
Re: Is this a female only site?? Im new :)

Thank you. I love all the attention from the ladies. Reminds me of my single days
This site should have a guy section. Guys can go and talk about manly stuff like cars, how to make beef jerky, making beer
FamiLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.