Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.

Talk me down, AGAIN!

DH called from the airport in Spain to tell me he would be on standby when he gets to Doha and that he had 1% battery on his phone. I asked if I would then hear from him when he got home and he said "no, I will let you know if we get on the plane".

So, fast forward to now. He hasn't called, his phone is off and the plane left Doha an hour ago.

I'm worried. He KNOWS I worry so if he says he will call he does.

Now, logic is telling me that he couldn't charge his phone and they were rushed onto the plane from standby and he didn't get a chance.

Hormones are telling me he is dead in a ditch somewhere and I have to phone interpol.

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 02:59 AM   #2
mamastep
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
He probably had to rush and didn't have time to find a phone to call you. I'm sure everything is fine.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:54 AM   #3
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.

Re: Talk me down, AGAIN!

He didn't make the flight and only managed to contact me at 12! A full 5 hours after the flight left. He is skating on thin ice with me!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I mean this in the nicest way but you are going to have to learn to be calm with a traveling dh. Especially when out of the country. We lived in Thailand for 3 years and if one of us was traveling back to the US, we would be out of touch for a good 24-36 hours.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
Puppydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96 View Post
I mean this in the nicest way but you are going to have to learn to be calm with a traveling dh. Especially when out of the country. We lived in Thailand for 3 years and if one of us was traveling back to the US, we would be out of touch for a good 24-36 hours.
I know. I'm totally aware that its illogical. I have major anxiety around loosing those I love and I invent nonsense. Which is why it is so important that he keeps me informed. But you are 100% right.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Since we know he is ok, maybe a few ideas to focus on for the future. Phone is dead or no signal. It is very unlikely he will end up in a ditch while waiting on a plane. His plane is fine, one he was supposed to be on.
I worry about my loved ones also. Especially when traveling.
Just try and keep positive and I would have a talk with him. He needs to not promise to call ever. Things happen!
Hugs!!

Alisha sent using my Samsung Galaxy II that thinks it is smarter then me.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm going to guess he couldn't contact you because with 1% battery left his phone died and he was charging it. It may have been a while between when he called you and he found out he wasn't getting on. There may have been delays for him AFTER he found out he wasn't getting on it.

I don't see how you can be mad at him over this. If he had been in country I could see trying to borrow someone's phone, but since pay phones are fairly non-existant and an international call can be expensive if one doesn't have a plan to cover it. Stuff happens.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #8
Puppydog

I'm angry because he spent the night in a hotel in Doha where he charged his phone. He could have called but didn't think about it.

We have had lengthy discussions about him doing this and he has become far better but will still "forget" every now and again.

Besides, I did admit it was irrational and silly and I'm no where near angry with him now nor did I let him know I was angry with him. He doesn't need that on top of being on standby for a flight.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #9
mamastep
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Glad he's alright! I would have been irked too that he didnt think to call. I understand your irrational fear, i have them too! I think it just goes hand in hand with being a wife and mom!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #10
Puppydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamastep View Post
Glad he's alright! I would have been irked too that he didnt think to call. I understand your irrational fear, i have them too! I think it just goes hand in hand with being a wife and mom!
Thanks for the support. I just spoke to him. I couldn't be too angry. He sounds SO exhausted. I honestly think his brain kind of skipped. LOL

I've told him to let me know if I need to fetch him tomorrow and if I don't hear from him I know he isn't on the plane and we will talk when we talk.

He has tickets booked for Mondays flight but is trying standby again tomorrow. Poor thing.