Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #81
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this punishment enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy24babes View Post
I say snuck lol not sure if that's proper or not.
I say snuck too, but it was underlined as a misspelling and didn't have a correction that was the word snuck. So, I thought maybe I'm supposed to say sneaked. It isn't underlined like it is spelled wrong...so.....

I should look it up.

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #82
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs

I say snuck too, but it was underlined as a misspelling and didn't have a correction that was the word snuck. So, I thought maybe I'm supposed to say sneaked. It isn't underlined like it is spelled wrong...so.....

I should look it up.
I looked it up and apparently both are grammatically correct lol
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #83
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris

That's ok, you don't have to. I do. I couldn't imagine my parents disciplining me in that manner, they made an effort to be fair, which I appreciated then and now. If I messed up, the punishment matched the crime. 3 full punishments for 1 relatively harmless crime is harsh to me.
Kids lie. Teaching them when its ok, and when it isn't is my job. He should not have forged the initials. But why didn't OP ask her son where his workbook was? Open communication on the topic could've stopped this before it even happened. Has he ever been told he can't sign her initials? Does he know why its a big deal? All you are teaching him by punishing him for a rule yet unmade is that its unfair. He isn't going to learn that he did something wrong because you never made the rule.
For those of you talking about badges, was it explained when you were hired what the protocol was if you left your badge? Or did you just show up without it one day and then get disciplined for it. The first offense in almost everything even in grown-up land is a warning or a light consequence. There is a reason for that. I don't want to argue though, it gets me all cranky and I like DS to be my happy place
I'm wasn't going to ask but I am really curious.
What would be an example of when you would say it is ok to lie?

Not being nasty or anything. Just truly curious.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #84
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm wasn't going to ask but I am really curious.
What would be an example of when you would say it is ok to lie?

Not being nasty or anything. Just truly curious.
Your boss shows you a photo of her baby, who looks like an uglier, older version of Yoda.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #85
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc

Your boss shows you a photo of her baby, who looks like an uglier, older version of Yoda.
Lmao!
Old 02-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #86
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc View Post
Too funny!!!

In situations like that I never know what to say, because I really try not to lie at all and rarely do. (Though I would never claim to be perfect especially because of situations like you said.) I usually say something like, "Oh, look at his hair! How cute!" Because the hair is cute when it sticks up crazy like that or "He looks so sweet." I'm sure he is sweet even though he isn't cute. Or, "He looks just like you/dad."
Old 02-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #87
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I looked it up and apparently both are grammatically correct lol
Woo Hoo!! Gotta love having options that confuse me.

Thanks, now I know and I do like knowing.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #88
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

At 9 I think he would probably know he shouldnt sign OPs innitials. I don't have a 9yo but it seems that by that age they should know they are "trying to get away with something" by putting their moms signature of approval/acknowledgement on school work.

If he did it with completely innocent motives, I would take it easier on him. But since he probably realizes he did something he shouldn't, I do think the punishment was appropriate.
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #89
MakingHome
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc View Post
LOL. Even still, for me that would be a time when I'd say something like, "awwww, I know you're so glad he's finally here. Has he been sleeping well?" Or some kind of interested comment w/o saying a word about cute/etc

I aim to encourage Christian women at Making Home.
MakingHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #90
MakingHome
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

As far as the OP goes, I agree with stronger consequences for lying about it. The natural consequences of forgetting the planner would normally be missing out on the weekly "treat" but then to forge it calls for increased consequences. IMO you have found and implemented a reasonable and measured consequence for something he knew he did that was wrong.

You also made me LOL with your comment about his plea for pity about his sore hand, ha!! The drama!!

I aim to encourage Christian women at Making Home.
MakingHome is offline   Reply With Quote