Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #71
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Mama's February Support Thread

Okay, so I'm going back to no soda. Honest. I am also going to limit my grains to one meal a day. I really need to get back to exercising, though. I haven't done anything this week.

Advertisement

tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #72
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I am finally coming back from the dead (well not really, but it sorta felt like it) ... I'm going to have to re-do week 1 of phase 2 p90x completely. I got in two of the weight training workouts but couldn't manage anything else. Bummer. I did eat really well despite being so sick, and I lost another couple pounds. Sorta surprising given how much orange juice I had this week. Probably drank a gallon to myself! So I'm down to 187 lbs and fitting into size 16 again!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #73
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm stalled out at 160. I desperately want to see 159 but no love. DH is home this weekend so fitting in exercise and eating within the 1200-1400 range is trickier. He isn't around much so it's easy to be lazy or splurge. A little over a week until weigh ins for biggest loser for the exercise class I am in so as of now I stand a good chance of winning if I stay disciplined. A cheat or slip and I will lose. I just redid my measurements from the second set of ten days in the 30 day shred. My back fat is down considerably and my prebaby dresses fit again after being unable to zip at my ribcage for so long. Here's hoping for strict discipline this week!

Last edited by jessnic; 06-14-2013 at 04:51 PM.
jessnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #74
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I know I'm going to have those days as I get closer to my goal, but it sounds like you are doing great! Are you making sure you're getting enough water?

AFM, I'm down another lb this am to 186! It's bittersweet, I know that is good, but my mind can't help but say to me "but that's still not skinny" right while I'm trying to celebrate that success. Kwim? Grrr....
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #75
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy View Post
I think my body needs to go paleo...I don't want to...but I think I'm supposed to. It sucks.

It's like the gluten thing...I knew for a while it wasn't working for me...I just didn't wanna give it up...well now I know that I'm reacting to dairy...then dh sends me some stupid link about eating for your body type, and of COURSE, I'm freaking O blood type, and it goes on to say that my blood type is the oldest of the blood types, the digestive tracts of the O blood type has "memories" of ancient times yadda yadda, and I should be eating what my ancestors did, no legumes, no dairy, no beans, no breads, no grains. UGH....the crappy thing? I know it's right, whether or not there is real science behind it...I've had the nagging feeling for so long now...but I just don't wanna. =( I like my cottage cheese and string cheese and trail mix with the delicious (naughty) chocolate chips and M&Ms in it! Anyways, I'm just going to sit in the floor with my arms hugging my knees like my toddler does and pout about this for a while...maybe if I don't get off this plateau I'll eventually try it. But I don't wanna!
If you are planning on eating Paleo, I suggest reading at Mark's Daily Apple. According to his research, there is nothing wrong with limited, full-fat dairy (raw or organic if you can get it), as long as your body can handle it well. Go a few weeks without, feel the full benefits of Paleo and then reintroduce it. I felt like crap, but I continued to put cream in my coffee

You will feel so much better. Everyone I know who has gone paleo for more than two weeks feels better than they did before. You have to get through that lower-carb fog. It took me almost 3 weeks, but afterward, I felt amazing. Whenever DH eats wheat now, he says he feels like someone clubbed him and his heart starts racing, but it was something he didn't notice a year ago. He's also lost almost 100lb. I am a huge Paleo supporter, if you couldn't tell

AFM- I am starting to get back on track. I have gained 9lb at the 16wk mark. I am up to 219. I was 225 yesterday, but I was up every hour to go to the bathroom last night and it must have all been water. I was hoping to not gain anything for a while, but I think my high-carb wheat and sugar filled diet is messing with that I have been able to eat bits of meat the past few days, so I am hoping that my aversion is subsiding a bit and I can get back on track with eating Primal.

Last edited by AmberP; 02-16-2013 at 12:24 PM.
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #76
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hey mamas. Congrats on the losses and sorry for the struggles. I have been hovering at 185 for the past 2 weeks. Gaining back up to 188 and going down to 184 but 185 today and that was my official weigh in 2 weeks ago. Hoping to be 184 or 183 on Tuesday when I weigh in. My mini goal is 180 by my daughters first birthday on 3/7.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #77
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm an emotional wreck today. Today is my grandmother's first birthday since she passed away in October, and I'm just in a bad mood anyway, and then DH had to act like a COMPLETE jerk to me because he wants to buy a TV outta nowhere. Our TV is less than three years old, and meanwhile, I can't afford to go to the doctor to see why I keep having kidney pain every week, yet he wants to drop $700+ on a TV we don't need? So yeah, he's been so insensitive and downright mean. So I've been doing nothing but eating. I finally stopped myself, but not before I ate probably 4000-6000 calories of junk. =( fml
Old 02-17-2013, 02:48 AM   #78
mommyto3beautifulbabes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Amanda Miller
To reach the one-derland by vacay (March 21)
Watching calories & this week I will be exercises
2 lbs to date....finally, was having some serious issues medically but things finally seem to be doing well

http://EverythingForModernMoms.blogspot.com...visit my blogs for lots of reviews and tons of giveaways!
mommyto3beautifulbabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:03 AM   #79
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm an emotional wreck today. Today is my grandmother's first birthday since she passed away in October, and I'm just in a bad mood anyway, and then DH had to act like a COMPLETE jerk to me because he wants to buy a TV outta nowhere. Our TV is less than three years old, and meanwhile, I can't afford to go to the doctor to see why I keep having kidney pain every week, yet he wants to drop $700+ on a TV we don't need? So yeah, he's been so insensitive and downright mean. So I've been doing nothing but eating. I finally stopped myself, but not before I ate probably 4000-6000 calories of junk. =( fml
Old 02-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #80
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
So sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3beautifulbabes View Post
Amanda Miller
To reach the one-derland by vacay (March 21)
Watching calories & this week I will be exercises
2 lbs to date....finally, was having some serious issues medically but things finally seem to be doing well
Welcome! I think I must be reading that wrong, are you saying you plan to loose 40lbs in just over a month? That's a pound a day, I could be wrong but I'm not sure that's possible. Hoping I"m just reading it wrong, or you know something we dont' and you're going to share, because I'm so stuck right now I'm ready to try about anything.

And that pretty much sums up how I"m doing. I'm still up, I"m not losing, and I"m about ready to give up eating right because it's pointless.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote