Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #111
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 10th - 16th

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie View Post
I am so glad you girls made me aware of this. I loved the first movie and wanted to see the second one but no way am I watching that now! As if we don't have enough to worry about!!
and oh golly, don't let your spouse watch it if they're at all on the fence about anything.. lol. Last pregnancy, DH watched the first one with me and he was all on board with everything I wanted. This video is not for the squeamish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
We went to take a tour of the perinatal unit at our hospital yesterday. It is tiny. There are only a little over 200 babies born there every year, so they have a couple delivery rooms, a post partum room for c-section mamas, and a triage room. It's a brand new hospital, so everything is very nice. I asked about leaving before naming baby, and the nurse said it was completely fine...whew! She said we just need to come back within a week otherwise baby will be named Baby Girl or Baby Boy and then we have to go through the process of changing that.

My OB happened to be there, so DH finally got to meet her. She said the the new midwife working with her won't have delivery privileges yet when I deliver, but I can go see the MW for appointments, which is awesome because she does appointments on Fridays!!!! That means I don't have to take an extra 200 mile trip just for a quick appointment. We can schedule some appointments on Fridays when we are in town anyway. That made me happy.

Now we just need to find out about the insurance to make sure we get the exception for OB being in network.
yay for positive hospital tours! I am really excited about mine and almost want to go on the tour again... but 3 more weeks and I guess I get to go see it again anyways.

on a similar note, a friend was like 'well, you fill out the birth certificate at your 37 week appt (common for military) and I was like 'um... we don't know what we're having...' lol .. oh right!

are you for sure leaving without naming the baby? Or just preparing for the option if needed?

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #112
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
and oh golly, don't let your spouse watch it if they're at all on the fence about anything.. lol. Last pregnancy, DH watched the first one with me and he was all on board with everything I wanted. This video is not for the squeamish.

yay for positive hospital tours! I am really excited about mine and almost want to go on the tour again... but 3 more weeks and I guess I get to go see it again anyways.

on a similar note, a friend was like 'well, you fill out the birth certificate at your 37 week appt (common for military) and I was like 'um... we don't know what we're having...' lol .. oh right!

are you for sure leaving without naming the baby? Or just preparing for the option if needed?
Thanks for the heads up about the second business of being born! Guess I'll wait to watch it.

We will most likely leave without naming baby; that was one of my worries about giving birth in a hospital again. We waited until the last minute with Delia, and only because the hospital was pressuring us. With Aven, we knew her first name right away, but didn't think of her middle name until 10 days later (I had a home birth, so there was no immediate pressure other than filing within the time allowed by the state). We are just so bad at picking out names beforehand. I think it's just easier once we know the gender and can see the baby to decide what feels right.

That's funny about filling out the birth certificate at your 37 week appointment; I didn't know it's common for military.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #113
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

honestly, I didn't really know it was all that common either.. I guess because we've been team green 2 times now and so no one mentioned it. but a couple people have mentioned doing the paperwork before labor, so I guess it's common. Among those who know what they're having or know what they're naming.

We're horrible with names too. We are pretty sold on our boy name, I think.. although I think DH is wary on the middle name. But the girl name is still pretty up in the air. And no middle names at all. so we'll see

maybe that means we'll have a boy.. although DH says it's definitely a girl.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #114
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

oh.. and on completely different notes...

very excited. Found an unused bucket base on the local classifieds and was able to buy it for $20. They're like $50 on Amazon and I told DH that there was no way I was spending that much on a base. Two bonuses to having another base - 1) he's happy because we can all ride in his truck occassionally (for the first 6 months or so anyways, until baby outgrows the bucket) and 2) I get to keep DD rearfacing until 3 assuming she doesn't grow like 1 more inch anyways. There simply wasn't enough room in my car to accomodate 2 rear facing carseats and my 6'3 husband, so she was going to have to get turned around. But.. since we can ride in his truck when he wants to go somewhere with us.. no need to worry about turning her

more exciting (and prolly about to bite myself in the butt and get a horrible night's sleep).. but! with the exception of 1 bad night, I have been sleeping SO well since I started drinking this 'Third Trimester Tea' right before bedtime. I have been waking up a bit more to pee since I'm drinking so much just before bed.. but.. I've been able to fall back asleep easier and my hip and shoulder have been aching less throughout the night (less, mind you, not a miracle tea ).

so, I think I can say I definitely recommend it. and if you're not interested, really, I bet it's the chamomile..

on another note. Anyone have any opinions on coconut water for energy during labor (or any other time really). My doula recommended gatorade (yuck!) or coconut water. I looked at the store and all they had was 'coconut juice'. which, appears to maybe be the same thing, but probably isn't. I've read in other threads that some brands of coconut water are gross, others are good... any opinions from any of you guys? Any other suggestions for keeping electrolytes up? TIA!
Old 02-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #115
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

new week, new thread
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote