Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #31
samham's Avatar
samham
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajewels View Post
We're good to go.. for the most part. Everything has been purchased. Baby gear is all set up and in it's place. Diaper bag is packed. All clothes are washed and put away. Breast pump parts, storage bottles, and baby bottles are all sanitized, washed, and put away.

All that we need is a bigger vehicle. Haha, and I say, "all" like it isn't a big deal. We currently have a Chrysler T&C mini van.. but it only seats 7. :/ Dh has an extended cab pickup... so until we find something that seats 8, we will just have to take seperate vehicles.. which sucks. I enjoy our family outings, especially the ride there & back. I originally wanted a Chevy Traverse or GMC Acadia.. but after test driving them both, while they are big, I still don't think they're big enough for a family of 8 with all kids being in car seats or booster seats. So now we're considering a Toyotta Sienna. Still exploring our options and waiting on the right deal. Hopefully we will make an actual purchase soon.....
How do you like your T &C? We found a 2010 with 27000 miles we are gonna look at today. It is crazy clean.

I still have a few things to pack and wash and we will be ready. Other than.... the car seat that doesn't fit my car. We are looking at bigger vehicles today or buying new seat. Either way, car is too small for another seat. The diono radian we have fits perfect forward facing but 2? It's looking rough for anything RF.

Advertisement

__________________
Wife to my hero & hero to 2 amazing little men.
samham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #32
Sunshine915's Avatar
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 581
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samham

How do you like your T &C? We found a 2010 with 27000 miles we are gonna look at today. It is crazy clean.

I still have a few things to pack and wash and we will be ready. Other than.... the car seat that doesn't fit my car. We are looking at bigger vehicles today or buying new seat. Either way, car is too small for another seat. The diono radian we have fits perfect forward facing but 2? It's looking rough for anything RF.
We bought a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan (similar to the T&C) last year and we love it! The stow and go seats are so stinking convenient. If the seats are up, you get a bunch of hidden storage, and it literally takes seconds to fold the seats away. It's also really comfy to drive and has been great in all kinds of weather.
__________________
Lauren married to DH since 9/07
Homeschooling mama to DD1 (9/08), DD2 (8/10), and DD3 (3/13)
Check out my blog or my Facebook page for info on essential oils and keeping your family healthy!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #33
TS8213's Avatar
TS8213
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,472
My Mood:
We have a 2005 T&C and loooove it. It has stow & go and power/remote sliding doors and back hatch. So convenient!
__________________
Trace, married to Shaun 2.21.04
Kyleigh 11.8.04 ~ Tegan 12.29.06 ~ Emmerson Kate 2.21.13
Forever missing Colton 11.5.11 (15w)
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #34
amb2j's Avatar
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,830
My Mood:
I finally got around to turning in my FMLA paperwork today so I'm officially %100 ready for baby to come!!!

I'm thinking about dis enrolling DS from daycare during my maternity and after that as well. (I'm just so tired of his being sick. He has literally been sick from September until now with one thing or another) so I'm looking into other childcare options. But, that's something I anticipate I'll have to continue sorting out after DD is born. I have a few good options lined up, I just have to convince DH the price difference is worth it (but, when it comes to childcare, I'm sure ill have the last say since it impacts me way more than him!)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
April-Wife to hopeless romantic nuclear submariner DH WOHM to my rambunctious snuggler DS (08/10) who was born SMILING. and DD (2/13) my hero
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #35
crnchy_mama_lala's Avatar
crnchy_mama_lala
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: OH
Posts: 305
Re: What else do you have to do?

Wasn't too worried about what I had left until my doctor said she thinks I'm going to come early. Now I'm getting paranoid! Also we went to do our hospital tour today and they told us that we cannot leave the hospital with our baby unless we have an infant car seat that snaps in and out of a base. We went and bought a really nice convertible car seat for the baby, but the woman who gave the tour said they have to carry the baby out of the hospital for us and so it has to be an infant car seat that they can carry the baby in. We got a convertible car seat so it would last her from nb until she is ready for a toddler seat so I'm incredibly annoyed with this. I think we're just going to buy a cheapo one off of craigslist and once they carry her out of the hospital snap her into the convertible seat we bought, but if she came tomorrow we wouldn't be able to take her home, which is freaking us out.

-Buy infant car seat so we can take baby home
-Print out birth plan
-Email directions to hospital to parents
-Print care instructions for dd for her grandparents (favorite bedtime songs, etc)
-Buy rings for ring sling I'm making
-Wash & Lanolize wool
-Sew the rest of newborn cloth diapers for stash (& maybe cloth wipes)
-Clean mini fridge to bring in from garage to bedroom upstairs
-Find screws for changing table or buy new ones
-Assorted household to do (donation pile to store, carpets cleaned, sink fixed in our master bath, etc)
-Ideally I'd also like to purchase a freezer for the garage and make a bunch of freezer meals, but I haven't found a good deal on a freezer yet so we'll see. Our current freezer is super tiny and I barely have room for groceries in it so there isn't room.
crnchy_mama_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #36
Gabe'sMommy's Avatar
Gabe'sMommy
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 231
Can they make you buy an infant carseat when a convertible carseat is legal? That sounds crazy. At my hospital if you don't have the infant carseat to leave with baby then they put you in a wheelchair and wheel you out with baby in arms.
Gabe'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #37
Mom2Connor's Avatar
Mom2Connor
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by crnchy_mama_lala
Wasn't too worried about what I had left until my doctor said she thinks I'm going to come early. Now I'm getting paranoid! Also we went to do our hospital tour today and they told us that we cannot leave the hospital with our baby unless we have an infant car seat that snaps in and out of a base. We went and bought a really nice convertible car seat for the baby, but the woman who gave the tour said they have to carry the baby out of the hospital for us and so it has to be an infant car seat that they can carry the baby in. We got a convertible car seat so it would last her from nb until she is ready for a toddler seat so I'm incredibly annoyed with this. I think we're just going to buy a cheapo one off of craigslist and once they carry her out of the hospital snap her into the convertible seat we bought, but if she came tomorrow we wouldn't be able to take her home, which is freaking us out.

-Buy infant car seat so we can take baby home
-Print out birth plan
-Email directions to hospital to parents
-Print care instructions for dd for her grandparents (favorite bedtime songs, etc)
-Buy rings for ring sling I'm making
-Wash & Lanolize wool
-Sew the rest of newborn cloth diapers for stash (& maybe cloth wipes)
-Clean mini fridge to bring in from garage to bedroom upstairs
-Find screws for changing table or buy new ones
-Assorted household to do (donation pile to store, carpets cleaned, sink fixed in our master bath, etc)
-Ideally I'd also like to purchase a freezer for the garage and make a bunch of freezer meals, but I haven't found a good deal on a freezer yet so we'll see. Our current freezer is super tiny and I barely have room for groceries in it so there isn't room.
DDC.

They can not make you use or buy another seat. Not only that, but infant seats DO NOT have to snap into a base. They can be installed with just a seatbelt.

They are full of it, don't use a seat off CL for babys first ride home. What if you are in an accident?? It happens. Seats with unknown histories can not be trusted.
__________________
Proud SAHM to Connor (8-6-10) and our little born 4-14-13
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:42 PM   #38
Maeve Baby's Avatar
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 391
My Mood:
Re: What else do you have to do?

I have to toilet train DS!!!!!

We actually started last Saturday-the first few days were a mess but by day three he started to actually care and make attempts to get to the potty.

Our first outing he has 3 accidents and since then only once has he wet his pants....however #2 was another story.

He just seemed really unfortable and like he just doesn't know which muscules to use when he's sitting down.

Finally after almost 2 weeks of training he pooped on the toilet for the first time today I was so happy, called DH at work-you would have thought we won the lottery but seriously it was a huge deal!!

I'm hoping now that he has done it once-saw that eveything was okay and that it's actually a lot cleaner than going in his unders he will be more comfortable to do it again.

We have a bit of work ahead of us but he's doing really good-I'm very proud of him.

And I will probably have a total of 3 weeks off from diaper befor I go right back into them again...LOL!!!
__________________
Maeve Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #39
twinpossible's Avatar
twinpossible
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in a pile of laundry!
Posts: 1,987
My Mood:
Re: What else do you have to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
DDC.

They can not make you use or buy another seat. Not only that, but infant seats DO NOT have to snap into a base. They can be installed with just a seatbelt.

They are full of it, don't use a seat off CL for babys first ride home. What if you are in an accident?? It happens. Seats with unknown histories can not be trusted.
YES ^^!! I can BS on that, at the hospital where my girls were born they would just wheelchair mama out holding the baby then watch you snap the baby into the seat and wave goodbye!

On my list I still have to...
- print my birthplan
- make a couple more freezer meals
- install the infant carseat
- buy a couple nursing things
- put shower curtain liners on the bed
- buy a hose for the birth tub
and that's all folks!!
__________________
A crunchy wife to B and momma of identical twin girls G & E , our rainbow
baby C born at home April 2013 and R forever in my heart.
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:06 AM   #40
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bluegrass Country
Posts: 1,428
My Mood:
Re: What else do you have to do?

So I got a ton of items purchased for baby yesterday. I feel so much better just having that done. But I have a long to-do list:

*Paint hallway
*Clean and install carseat
*Steam clean pack 'n play
*Steam our bed

*Clean floors
*Clean windows
*Detail kitchen and bathrooms
*Laundry- new baby items
*Wash/sterilize breastpump parts (but I won't start pumping until 2-3 weeks *Organize and set up birthkit and other bits and pieces
*Do belly cast

I am calling in today because of snow so I will be trying to knock out a lot of this list.

If you are having a homebirth what food/snacks are you having for your attendants?

I think I am going to get a fruit tray, veggie tray, and pepperoni/salami cheese with crackers. And I do plan on making a Chocolate Eclair dessert or Chocolate cake for the celebration! We didn't grocery shop until I was in labor last time and it will probably do the same this time
__________________
Mama married to my soulmate and homebirth partner. I am a co-sleeping, , ing, babywearing, ERF, and delayed vaxing mama to two intact boys (6/2010) & (4/2013).
ISO/IHA

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524

Last edited by NappyChappy; 03-07-2013 at 01:17 PM.
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.