Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
Registered Users
IVFers, how long after birth did you try another cycle for #2?

For all those who did IVF, how long did you wait to try for #2? And, were you breastfeeding? I did 5 fresh cycles over 2+ years before I got my DD 12/31/12. Though I'd prefer to wait a 1-1.5 years between babies, I'm in my late 30s and feel like my DD was a fluke (awesome one) and it won't be repeatable. I want her to have a sib. Have unexplained infertility and have a very healthy lifestyle.

gingersnappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
Subbing! I had my dd 9-28-12 after one lucky ivf cycle. She was the only embryo that even fertilized! She is my 2nd baby though. First was a natural miracle. We don't know if we want another or not. I ended up with an almost 4 yr spacing between these 2 and it has been great. I know if we try again we'd have to do it ASAP bc I have premature ovarian aging. But I would hate to cut short our breastfeeding relationship for something that might not even work for us. Also I afraid of making life too hard by having too close of a spacing. But if we wait too long it just likely wouldn't work without an egg donor. It's a tough question to answer! I hope you find what works best for your family. Congrats on your baby!

Mama to DD (1/09) and DD (9/12)
Vegan Princess is offline   Reply With Quote