Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #11
gigismomma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is this rotavirus? (This will be gross)

Doesn't sound like rotavirus IMO. We had rotavirus move through our house last November.....it struck fast and hard. For my kids, they had mild fever and lethargy with severe, nonstop vomiting for 48+ hours. The watery diarrhea hit at the 24 hour mark, and was also nonstop and very foul smelling. Both of my kids ended up being admitted to the hospital for dehydration and hypoglycemia, it was bad. The diarrhea lasted for weeks, I never thought it would end!

Just about any tummy virus can give you diarrhea, especially if she has been on antibiotics recently. I would avoid dairy if you can, and give her probiotics.

Advertisement

gigismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #12
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks everyone, I fell a bit silly now . She was fine today, and we got her some probiotic thingies - I think that must have been the culprit (I feel so stupid! I didn't know antibiotics would do that, and now it all makes sense). And I bleached and steamed the entire house, so it's an ill wind .
Old 02-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #13
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like norovirus to me. I'm almost positive that both of my kids had it about 1.5 months ago. Both of them puked once (which is really strange because my 3 year old hadn't puked in 2 years!) and then had disgusting, smelly, runny poop for 4 or 5 days. Fortunately it mostly made it in the potty, but it was really...blech. More poop than I have dealt with in 3 years of parenting combined. My 3 year old did have an accident when she woke up the first night and it was so gross. But, otherwise they acted normal. They didn't seem to feel badly otherwise.

eta. I see your update now. antibiotics are rough! glad she's feeling better

Last edited by songbird516; 02-17-2013 at 04:52 PM.
songbird516 is offline   Reply With Quote