Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Thumbs up Bottles for Breastfed Babies - Medela, Nuk, Avent

I have for sale a barely used set of slow flow bottles highly recommended for breastfed babies. After trying all of these brands to transition my second son from breast to bottle for daycare, he finally settled on the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature brand. This is a great deal for any breastfeeding Mom who is trying to find a bottle their breastfed baby will take, as I was, at less than 1/2 of the full retail price! All of these bottles have been purchased in the past month (January 2013), except for the Avent bottle, and used only once or twice (some not at all), so I will include the nipples since my son has never had thrush or an illness while trying these bottles. Although, I do highly recommend purchasing new nipples between babies, these are most likely safe to be re-sterilized since they are new and/or barely used, it's ultimately your choice/judgement. I will sell everything as a full set for $20 PPD, or divide by brand, as priced below. I will consider fair trades for Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles (not the Sensitive Tummy type with valves), to build up my stash - I'd like to have 1-2 more 5 ounce and 4-5 more 9 ounce bottles.

4 - 5 ounce MimiJumi bottles retailed for $55.96 - selling all 4 for $35 PPD
SOLD on CL
4 - 5 ounce Lansinoh mOmma bottles retailed for $34.28 - selling all 4 for $20 PPD SOLD! Thanks FrozenBooty!
3 - 5 ounce Mam bottles retailed for $12.96 - selling all 3 for $8 PPD SOLD! Thanks Shortcake2386!
3 - 5 ounce Nuk Trendline bottles retailed for $12.74 - selling all 3 for $10 PPD
3 - 5 ounce Medela Breastmilk bottles (not Calma) with one breastmilk storage cap retailed for $18.99 - selling all 3 for $10 PPD
1 - 4 ounce Avent Classic retails for $6.97 - free as a throw in with purchase, as it was given to me as a freebie with a Motherhood Maternity purchase in May 2012

All bottles pictured here:

Please PM me with what you are interested in.

My experience with these bottles are as follows:
The MimiJumi and Lansinoh mOmma bottles have nipples "most like Mom" and would be great for any baby with a "textbook perfect latch" on the breast. My second son is 9 weeks old, had a tongue tie clipped at 6 weeks, and still has a slight upper lip tie that we've chosen to leave alone, since his latch is still a bit shallow but sufficient. Ironically, he took the MimiJumi best before we took care of his tongue tie, but we've found his remaining upper lip tie causes it to curl under on both the MimiJumi and Lansinoh nipples. The Nuk and Mam were the slowest flow of all the bottles we tried, great for preemies and newborns, but were a tad too slow for my son, who has now adjusted to my strong letdown. The Medela and Avent were more along the lines of a classic bottle for both breastfed and formula fed babies - we found the Medela to have the fastest flow of all these bottles (surprisingly!) and the Avent was relatively comparable in flow and latch to the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles that my second son has settled on. FWIW, if the Tommee Tippee's didn't work for us, I was going to purchase the Playtex Drop Ins Nursers next, since that is what worked best with my first son, who was also breastfed. I just didn't want to deal with constantly purchasing the liners again, so I didn't try them first.

Advertisement

Last edited by BigSamsMom; 03-12-2013 at 06:52 AM.
BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bottles for Breastfed Babies - MimiJumi, Lansinoh, Medela, Nuk, Mam

Bump for Mam sold, Thanks Shortcake2386!
New PPD price for remaining whole lot is $60PPD, rather than $70PPD
Old 02-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Bump
Old 02-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Bump
Old 02-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
romansmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bump to come back to
Old 03-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bottles for Breastfed Babies - Lansinoh, Medela, Nuk

Bump for Mimi Jumi sold, new PPD price for all.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:24 AM   #7
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Messages you on Lansinoh bottles

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #8
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bottles for Breastfed Babies - Medela, Nuk, Avent

Bump for Lansinoh sold and new total PPD$ for all remaining. Thanks FrozenBooty!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #9
dericasmom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bottles for Breastfed Babies - Medela, Nuk, Avent

Hi - I am interested in the Medela set if it is still available and if it is standard (not wide)? Are these standard size or wide size? If your set includes the nipples - what level flow are the nipples? I can send PP today if you still have them for sale.
dericasmom is offline   Reply With Quote