Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #11
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

That's good a few of you love the Samsung FL! A few months ago we got a really nice Samsung dryer, and I love it!

Now for washers, Idk. DH REALLY wants a FL, mainly for energy/environmental reasons. Those reasons are important to me too, but I'm just scared of the dipes not getting clean. I either wanted a Samsung washer or a Speed Queen washer.

Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

Re: Washer and Dryer questions

I have a top-loading HE machine that I absolutely love! I've been CDing almost 7 months and have never had stinkies or any problems getting my dipes clean. It's the best of both worlds!
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #13
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybaby712 View Post
That's good a few of you love the Samsung FL! A few months ago we got a really nice Samsung dryer, and I love it!

Now for washers, Idk. DH REALLY wants a FL, mainly for energy/environmental reasons. Those reasons are important to me too, but I'm just scared of the dipes not getting clean. I either wanted a Samsung washer or a Speed Queen washer.
Agreed! We *just* bought new Samsung machines not that long ago and I'm hoping that I can make it work and master CD washing when the time comes!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #14
AJH1544
Registered Users
seller

Love our Whirlpool Cabrio HE toploader. Lots of different settings that can also be customized. Never had a problem getting things clean. And it is HUGE so I can wash our comforters and quilts easily!
AJH1544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #15
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have an LG FL with sanitary- I think that is why I've never had any problem washing diapers. If you get a FL make sure you get sanitary- it's more expensive but that's because it has an internal water heater to get the water up to sanitizing temps- totally worth it! I wash sheets and towels on the sanitary cycle too.
Mine is 8 1/2 years old and going strong and I do laundry like it's my job!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #16
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme View Post
I have an LG FL with sanitary- I think that is why I've never had any problem washing diapers. If you get a FL make sure you get sanitary- it's more expensive but that's because it has an internal water heater to get the water up to sanitizing temps- totally worth it! I wash sheets and towels on the sanitary cycle too.
Mine is 8 1/2 years old and going strong and I do laundry like it's my job!
Do you wash you PUL on the sanitary cycle?

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #17
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
Do you wash you PUL on the sanitary cycle?

Yep- we use pockets primarily and I've been washing them on sanitary for almost 7 years!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #18
spcjoneswifey
Registered Users
seller

We have a HE, front loading, GM washer and dryer set. While they clean much nicer and are gentler on the clothing than our old top loaders I wouldn't recommend them. Definitely if you can go with another brand do it. The problem is the soap sticks in the rubber thats in the front of the washer so you can have a load of wash completely spun "dry" and there are soap bubbles where the door opens so you have to do another load with no detergent to really get your laundry clean. Not very energy efficient at that point. Also, while there are a lot of nice presets its not 100% customizable. For example, I can't set it so that my extra prewash is with cold water while the main wash is hot water while doing DS diapers. Instead you have to do a speed wash w/no detergent on cold water and then a second was with an extra rinse on hot water. And then if the soap isn't all the way out? Still ANOTHER wash on speed wash with no detergent. Again. Very aggravating.
spcjoneswifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #19
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme View Post

Yep- we use pockets primarily and I've been washing them on sanitary for almost 7 years!
And you haven't had a problem washing PUL at that temperature?

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #20
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

i love my LG front load. drum life on my washer. wipes & towel & prefolds go in fryer. no fmf or pockets in dryer....