Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #11
mamajoe
Registered Users
seller

Re: I HATE this #&*^$% washer!!!!

Oh ... Also if your machine is smelling bad you can try washer cleaner. We use affresh or tide makes a cheaper one. There should be a setting on your machine called "clean washer". It is reccommended to do it once a month, but i tend to do mine when it starts to smell (did mine just today. Lol).

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #12
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelinoad View Post
Well I've been there until today...

I have a front loader and lately it sucked. Then started telling me it wasn't draining. Youtubed a bit and then took off the front bottom flap thing(real techy huh) and there was a twist turn pvc pipe, I opened it and inside I found a boobiepad, barbies pants, TONS of hair, mold lots of change and just crap. anyways. It smelled really bad, I cleaned it all up and its draining and washing MUCH better. Maybe try that? Might not be draining the gunk out. Mine wasn't!

I have a 5 yo whirpool duet. Hth!

Ignore typos...probably nursing, typing with one finger on my left hand while wrangling two toddlers. yeah, I'm that good.
When we cleaned our our Whirlpool Duet out (ours is like 9 years old) - there were boobiepads too - LOL - and a ton of baby socks. Ours you have to put the pan under as well for water. The newer ones changed the design so that the water doesn't dump all over the floor.

OP - your washer definitely needs a check-up. Congratulations on your new babe and welcome back to DS!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #13
MichelleKiley
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't know if this helps, but... My front loader drives me crazy, too.

I do a cold rinse first...
THEN, I start a "hot wash +extra rinse +stain soak +heavy setting"
I press start
I grab my five gallon bucket
Go to the sink and run hot water
Fill the bucket about 2/3 full
Wait until the washing machine stops "filling" (aka putting in the tiniest amount of water everrrrr)
Press pause on the machine
Dump in my huge bucket of water
Then slam the door closed before anything sloshes out!
Then press start again

Haha. I never knew I could envy people with top loaders...
MichelleKiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #14
aylasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Lol. I'm only laughing because I had to fix my washer today. Except i have a top loader and it stopped mid diaper load so I ended up with poo water everywhere. Yuck!

It wasn't draining so I googled and discovered it was likely that there was something caught in the pump/impeller. I located the pump, detached it (you'll need something to catch drainage), and found a dime and some lint. It was super easy, if a bit messy. Good luck!

Foggy Knits WAHM Page Foggy Knits Facebook
aylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #15
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

And now I remember why I LOVE DS so much! I really just needed to vent but y'all have been very helpful. It's a Bosch Nexxt 100...about 6 years old. I did some searches and found a few things online about removing the little cover at the bottom and cleaning out the filter but there's nothing in my owner's manual about that. We tried to take the cover off last night but couldn't get it so DH said he was going to look for some instructions and make sure we don't break it. I've been saying for a while that I didn't think it was cleaning the clothes right either but DH kept saying it's just because the boys are so hard on everything (did I mention we have FIVE boys between 6 and 12?)

I hate that we JUST sold his old washer...it had been sitting in the garage since I moved in. He made the comment that my washer was nicer than his so we'd keep mine and sell his and I cringed a little bit but like I said, I never had too much trouble with it before now. I do pull TONS of stuff out of the washer with every load. I check the pockets but there are still always pens and pencils and crayons and tissues and cars and erasers and love notes and legos and rocks...thank goodness I've never found a frog like my cousin did! With as much as I pull out, it's hard to believe anything else gets through but then again...

Oh and I don't think our water is hard or soft. We don't have any problems with anything else. Last time around, I used Washing Soda and Simple Green but this time I've just been using whatever HE detergent he's got in the laundry room (which is probably whatever is cheapest) along with a bit of vinegar in the fabric softener slot. I may need to experiment with detergent but I kind of hope not. I've been telling him ever since I got pregnant how easy CD'ing is and so far it's been a huge headache for us. He did comment as we walked past the diapers in the grocery store the other day that at $20+ per pack, he guesses we have saved a small fortune on diapers so far but he didn't really seem convinced.

And there was some problem with the diaper sprayer...something was the wrong size or something...he's going to HomeDepot tomorrow to get the adapter he needs because he didn't have the right thing in the garage.

Thanks again for all the advice. Is it wrong that I'm excited and terrified to see what's in that filter after 6 years?
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #16
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleKiley View Post

I press start
Wait until the washing machine stops "filling" (aka putting in the tiniest amount of water everrrrr)
Then press start again

Be careful with this. I used to force feed my washer with water( several years) until I broke it. My DH fixed it so I saw it. It completely rusted the bearing. They were literally rusted and crumbling into tiny bits.

DH was like how did water get in there. It doesn't fill that high?? It was from me adding extra water.

So I don't do that anymore. LOL
Old 02-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #17
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleKiley View Post

I press start
Then press start again

I watched mine run the other day and I realized that there was NO water in there at all. I know it's supposed to use LESS water, but I opened the door and moved stuff around and there was NO water. It's like, the washer knows how much water it wants to add and the diapers (doing what diapers are supposed to do!) just soak it all up. Since then, I've been trying to make sure the diapers are soaked when I put them in and occasionally adding an extra gallon or two of water to the detergent cup when it's finished loading. It's still barely enough to see it (I can easily open the door without anything sloshing out) but it is enough to get a little bit of a "slosh" when it turns. I totally agree...I was SOOOO excited to get a front-loader and now I'm totally jealous of those with top loaders. I don't want to have to spend the money to replace this one, but I will not shed a tear when it dies and there's no doubt in my mind that I'll replace it with a top-loader...my guess is about two weeks after Erica potty trains! lol
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote