Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DH was against public breastfeeding...

But he isn't anymore!
He had only seen woman breastfeed in public by flashing boobs and making a scene. He was not ok with me doing that and didn't want everyone getting a show. Luckily not long ago I took him with me to a little get together some cding ladies had and he saw a woman breastfeed without a cover without making a scene. He didn't even notice for a while and we were talking to her for quite some times. I am so thrilled that after seeing a possitove example he is comfortable with me feeding in public.

Advertisement

alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: DH was against public breastfeeding...

That's awesome. I have no clue how to Breastfeed without showing a good amount of boob. I am in awe of those that have the skill to do it.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Congrats. I am too large and have a too wiggly and active toddler to do this well without a sling. With a sling I do pretty well.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My hub makes me go in the other room when we are with his family
Next time I am making a stand - just going to tell him if he is uncomfortable with me feeding the baby he can leave the room
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:54 AM   #5
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I do ok but with my brachial plexus I need to do a but still baby is bigger as u have a bigger chest and have a certain thing I have to do for latches and let goes. otherwise good.lkike my right side a bit more open as im right handed & all by my right hand... but once latched we are good
my hubby is excited i breastfeed as it saves us money, bonding with kids for me, I was in a calendar about it.12.00 per calendar.....I haven't might mine yet though as I needed to sell things first for it.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #6
BabyElephant
Registered Users

My OH was worried about me BFing in public because of what other people might say. But now I have done it lots and lots and lots he doesn't worry about it anymore.
BabyElephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #7
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

My DH was not thrilled about BFing in public before our first son was born. He had never been with someone who did not bottle feed. Then he saw how descrete I was, plus I wear nursing clothing which helps be a bit more covered and easier to help latch. My last 2 HAD to be fed everytime I walked into a store. It was like being in public made them hungry...LOL! My current nursling has never been fed in public. He is over 10 months and so far he just never gets hungry when we go out.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #8
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

My DH never cared. I've never had issues BFing in public, but if anyone ever said anything he would be all over them in a heartbeat. I do prefer to be discrete, and I will often go in the other room at his families house. They have never said or done anything to make me feel uncomfortable but I can tell it flusters my FIL so I don't mind being gracious
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #9
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My husband is super uncomfortable with bfing in general which is probably why we stopped so early. Also his family is pretty much against bfing totally! I hate it! My mil asked me if I was going to bf this little one again and when is I said yes, she asked why? Because I want to!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #10
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

I carry around those Aden & Anais Muslin blankets if I need to really cover up... I use them mainly when we are visiting DHs side of the family and my teenage nephews are around, other than that, I just flip the booby out around my family, MIL, SIL...etc. I've learned you can sense when someone is uncomfortable with it, and I pull out the muslin. I also own a plethora of cardigans like this: http://www.1wvushop.com/mm5/producti...RD-1303-NV.jpg
These and a nursing cami are my public outting uniform... very easy to nurse discreetly in public around strangers with these type cardis, they are so drapey in front, it's like a built in nursing cover and alot less obvious than dragging out a real nursing cover in public.
BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote