Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #21
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you do while breastfeeding???

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
Just wondering how you all are mobile and nurse??
I rest my iPad on the Boppy and type with the pointer finger of my free hand.

Advertisement

Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #22
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

The weirdest/funniest thing I have ever done while nursing is get my cervix checked at my 6 week postpartum checkup... Like PP who got the Brazilian wax, DS2 would not wait. My Doc was very understanding. I guess the other funny one, was grocery shop with DS2 latched on, got a lot of grins and shocked looks... I say thank GOD for those drapey cardigans (that you can tie in front) being in style.... love those as an on-the-go nursing cover.
I clip nails while nursing (DS1 & 2, along with my own). 3 year old DS1 sits beside us and we catch up on his day, watch TV, or play on his iPad. Obviously I surf the internet. I've mended clothes and paid bills too!
BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #23
AJH1544
Registered Users
seller

My hubby treated me to a spa day where i got a lovely mani and pedi with massage when sophie was about four weeks old. Because they took so long,i had to nurse her a couple of times throughout, and it was sooooooo relaxing!!

Usually tho, i am on my phone or ipad, or i watch tv.

In response to the "mobile and nursing," many mothers will wear their babies in a wrap and nurse. I have never been able to get the technique down well enough to do that myself tho lol. We are good wrappers and good nursers, but sophie and i have never been coordinated enough to do both at the same time haha!
AJH1544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #24
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSamsMom View Post
The weirdest/funniest thing I have ever done while nursing is get my cervix checked at my 6 week postpartum checkup... Like PP who got the Brazilian wax, DS2 would not wait. My Doc was very understanding. I guess the other funny one, was grocery shop with DS2 latched on, got a lot of grins and shocked looks... I say thank GOD for those drapey cardigans (that you can tie in front) being in style.... love those as an on-the-go nursing cover.
I clip nails while nursing (DS1 & 2, along with my own). 3 year old DS1 sits beside us and we catch up on his day, watch TV, or play on his iPad. Obviously I surf the internet. I've mended clothes and paid bills too!
LOL!!! Yeah, we obviously have boys who know what they want when they want it.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #25
heynay01
Registered Users

Typical things - watch TV, eating, internet (online shopping ), talking to kiddo/holding his hands, reading to him. Nothing as exciting or interesting as some other women! but kiddo is just shy of 7 weeks, so lots of time for interesting things to happen still.
heynay01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #26
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
I'm not super mobile. When my babies are around 6 months old till around 8 or 9, I can nurse them while I'm wearing them in my Ergo. It is short lived because of my size and sensitivity. But, I've done it shopping and at fairs and such. I don't do it at home. It isn't very comfortable for me. So, unless I really need to nurse on the go, I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Ed View Post
That is REALLY unfortunate, LOL!
I know! I fall of the internet planet when I have young babies because I can't type.

My problem is my large breasts. When I'm not holding it, it usually falls out of the babies mouth. Also, I have very sensitive and always sore nipples. So, the latch has to be perfect each time or I end up really sore and in pain, I'm on my 6th baby including 2 sets of twins. It isn't like I'm inexperienced. I just don't have the skills that others do. I'm kind of okay with that because I get to rest and I can use that to my advantage sometimes. (Of course, it is annoying too.)
Old 02-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #27
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy
Small boobs. well that and 7 kids. I would think by now I would have 8 arms. I can do anything nursing and I dont use a wrap or carrier.

I also had my pp checkup done while nursing. It was...strange. Lol
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #28
NYEMom1231
Registered Users
seller

I don't do much since I'm constantly relatching her, but sometimes when she has a good latch I can mess around with my iPhone for awhile. Thankfully she's a quick nurser so I don't get too bored!
NYEMom1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #29
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody View Post
Watch tv, surf the net, cook, clean, read....pretty much anything!

I can do most anything while nursing
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #30
Nkmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well.....this won't be light hearted, but for the first 2 mos of my sons life, I journaled by hand about some tough thingsgoingon in my life especially during our night feelings. At the time, the quiet of the night was not something I did well with.. My brother had died in a car accident 2 mos before N was born. On top of that, my dad was fighting is 6th year of stage four cancer but losing his son sucked more life out of him then the last 5 years had. I understood that as a new mom and sat watching my babe, wondering it 26 years would be all I would get with him like my dad got with my brother.....so I wrote about all our speciial moments, special times with grandpa, and his uncle he never knew. Partly for me, but also so someday he would see that life handed us such an obstacle, and we made it over it. I hope he never needs it for that reason someday, but at the very least he will know what a healing bundle of joy he was to me. And I'll be forever thankful I wrote about our trips out to grandpas farm....as he passed away just before Ns first birthday.
Nkmom is offline   Reply With Quote