Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #11
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: ugh. fetal positioning issues. baby is IN my right hip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMommy View Post
Just my experience, my 2nd baby was on my right side head down at 36 to 38 weeks. I started freaking out although my dr was unconcerned.. One evening I noticed the baby was traverse. I thought oh great now I'm breech. By the morning, the baby was on the left side head down. She stayed that way until birth. I didn't do anything to make this happen, so don't give up hope that it will work out.
yea, I realize it could just fix itself. But I am just more concerned this time b/c it's actually causing me discomfort and also b/c I can get the baby out of my pelvis, but he just goes right back to settle in the same place, no matter what positions I try to encourage him to settle on the left (and last night I spent HOURS working on different positions/techniques!).

...which makes me think something is wonky in my pelvis. This wouldn't surprise me, my family has a history of pelvic joint issues. Also, a big difference is last pregnancy I had regular chiro care starting around 20 wks. This time I have not seen a chiro at all. So it's very possible (I'd even say probable, for me) that my pelvis is badly mis-aligned, making the baby settle in a bad position, and not allowing him to move the way he needs to.

...sorry for typing so much.... lol

Advertisement

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #12
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have the same issue, and the chiro helps tons! Also this exercise from spinning babies http://spinningbabies.com/techniques...-lying-release

With my 3'rd baby, I did this one evening right before bed. Felt him moving around tons that night in bed. Started very light early labor the next morning, did the exercise again that evening around 5pm, went for a nice long walk at Lowe's right after this, and true labor began at 6:30, baby was out by 11:30
Old 02-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #13
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

off to a chiro tonight! Hoping for an easy fix. And an LOA baby eventually!

Last edited by Kiliki; 02-19-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote