Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #11
mozartswannabe
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bonding After C-sec Tips?

I agree with the other moms, take the pain medicine and as long as your baby is healthy push to hold LO asap. I REALLY had to put my foot down and demand, but I got to hold and BF within an hour.

Advertisement

mozartswannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #12
SVazquez
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have 4 c-sections and I was able to hold my last 3 skin to skin while in recovery as long as their father was standing next to me. When I had my first the hospital policy was to take the baby to the nursery for recovery , unless the mother asked to keep them.
Nursing is different with each child. I didn't have much milk for the first 3 and it came in several days after delivery. The 4th time it came in the same day as delivering.
I agree with all the other posts about taking your pain meds , and on time too! This will help you keep a handle on pain and not make you so groggy you mistake your puppy for the baby lol!
SVazquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #13
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I just had my 8th c-section 9 days ago, and it was by far my best birth experience. Baby never left the room, she was immediately put on my chest after birth (while finishing the section) she was placed in my arms immediately after the c-section was done and I was able to hold her as we were wheeled into recovery. Everything was done right in front of me, and she never left my side. I could not have asked for a better experience.

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #14
ankc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
See if you can nurse in recovery I did with my 2nd and with my first I was not able to see him for many hours but we bonded just fine when I was able to finally get my hands in him
Old 02-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #15
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBananas
I just had my 8th c-section 9 days ago, and it was by far my best birth experience. Baby never left the room, she was immediately put on my chest after birth (while finishing the section) she was placed in my arms immediately after the c-section was done and I was able to hold her as we were wheeled into recovery. Everything was done right in front of me, and she never left my side. I could not have asked for a better experience.
This is how my csection in march is supposed to go. <3 hope you are healing well!!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #16
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
I've had four. My first was an emergent/preemie situation but the latter three were great. My last birth was my ideal c/s birth experience.

Dd was delivered and placed on my chest and Dh held her there while dr finished surgery. She went to recovery with me where we nursed the whole time and she roomed in ad coslept with me once we were in our permanent room. We snuggled and nursed our whole stay and it was wonderful.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #17
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Child loss mentioned

I have had 2 c-sections and the first was to babies born at 24 weeks. I never got to hold my sons, but my daughter I wasn't able to hold for a month. And when I did get to hold her, it was with SEVERAL doctors approvals and a nurse RIGHT there (she was still intubated). Trust me my DD knew who I was right away. I used to sing to her in her isolette and I could tell that she knew me because her stats would improve. Another time, I was cupping her (holding her head and feet) when she was about a week old, and a nurse came to check on her. She got mad, pushed away the nurse, and went back to holding my finger. She was just a pound at that point but mommy was mommy! I got ill when she was about 3 months old and couldn't see her for 3 days. When I came back she was SOO excited. Daddy was nice, but mommy is mommy! Even though she never left the hospital I know we were very bonded.

DS was born at 38 weeks but also ended up in the NICU. I didn't see him really till the next morning after delivery, about 24 hours after birth. I got to hold him but then I couldn't hold him for 3 or 4 days afterwards. He came home on day 6. I have only spent 14 nights away from him his whole 4 years 5 month life. 5 days when he was conceived (IVF), the 6 day hospital stay (NICU) and I had a neutropenic fever and was hospitalized for 3 days - couldn't even see him for that! We are VERY close and always have been.

I understand that PPD can cause other issues. However as far as the c-section is concerned, that shouldn't make you worry about bonding with your child. You are still mom, the baby is hearing your voice more then anything. Your voice is going to make the baby feel cozy and remind them of being inside you.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #18
annredhound
Registered Users

I bonded with my first son so bad that I wouldnt allow the nurses to take him away they said I needed rest but I stayed up over 24 just wide a wake and watching him they finally came in and game me some meds through my iv and all I remember was waking up and asking them to bring my baby back !!! lol they said hun we had to help you go to sleep so you wont be to exhusted when you go home. I wasnt mad but they could have told me I was going to pass out while my company was there!
annredhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #19
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
^ that would infuriate me. I don't think they should be allowed to medicate you to make you sleep without permission.

I've had four c sections and no problems bonding. I nurse as soon as Im ready, room in, and cosleep.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote