Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2013, 05:59 AM   #1
kaimon
Registered Users
seller

Lalaloopsy fans (or parents of) - looking for storage suggestions!

DD is really into lalaloopsies. Her birthday is coming up (ok well it's still four weeks away... but it's coming) and she's asked for more lalaloopsies.
I'm finding it exciting to help her build her collection!

But I'm starting to wonder if we can find a better way of storing them. So I'm looking for ideas. Pictures of lalaloopsy storage would be great!

She currently has her full size and littles in a box under the storage unit in the bedroom. She has: Coral Sea Shell, Mango Tiki Wiki, Charlotte Charades, Crumb Sugar Cookie Silly Hair, and Pita Mirage

And she'll be getting more for her birthday. She's getting Sand E Starfish from us and a lala oopsie fairy from her aunt and uncle. This is all I know of, she may very well get more.

She's also getting this gorgeous handmade wood doll house for the mini lalaloopsies that I found on etsy. She has easily a dozen of the mini dolls. She has the treehouse and the protable doll house. The dolls are stored in the portable dollhouse and it and the treehouse sit on top of her bookcase beside her bed. The new dollhouse won't fit there too.

Advertisement

Last edited by kaimon; 02-16-2013 at 06:03 AM.
kaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
kaimon
Registered Users
seller

Re: Lalaloopsy fans (or parents of) - looking for storage suggestions!

Noone?
I remember seeing some holiday lists that included multiple lalaloopsy dolls on it. I was hoping for some ideas!
Google and pinterest have pretty much only shown me ideas for the minis...
Old 02-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

Well my dd isn't quite old enough for the lalaloopsy craze yet were still on Dora lol. But my niece is into them & they just use those plastic storage drawers, the ones they have are the 3 drawers but I'm sure they offer others. I noticed she had the drawers labeled with what sets are in each drawer. This may be an idea but I don't have pics for ya though.
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

Oh & for the dollhouse I was thinking depending on size of it you could get maybe 2 sets of those drawers & put them side by side then put a piece of cardboard or wood or something & the house may could go there. My niece doesn't
Have the dollhouse yet so they just use storage drawers.
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our littles stuff sits on a shelf in the closet - we have the treehouse, carnival, house, bus, ferris wheel (its sad how much stuff we have and it was all gifted to us over the last couple of years). The little people themselves are stored in the zip up house thing. We have a closet downstairs where we store most of our toys so it all sits in there.

Dd2 collects the big dolls as well. We have a good 10-12 of them. We have doll furniture from pottery barn (bunk bed, table, vanity, kitchen) and dd2 likes to set them all up on the furniture when she puts them away. So acouple sit at the table, one sits at the vanity and then she sits the rest nicely in the bunk beds. If she doesn't do that she lines them up neatly on top of one of our bookshelves (long and lower to the ground). Dd likes them displayed and used as decoration in her room so thats what we do for now. They're top heavy and tough to get to sit up but if you fiddle enough with them they'll sit up.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD has a ton of both the large and the mini's

Mini's are stored in an ottoman along with the school bus,remote control car , train, and the furniture sets.

Mini playsets sit on the top of her storage unit.

Large Lalaloopsies some are stored in a rolling plastic tote that is stored under her bed, Some are in her toy box and some are on doll stands on her bookshelf .

I plan on having her father make her a display rail that goes along the top of her room and getting more doll stands.

You can buy doll stand for around $3 bucks at Hobby Lobby
Old 02-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #7
kaimon
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the ideas!
I'm still thinking it through. The dollhouse is a bit larger than I had initially thought!
I have one of these that I am currently using in my room. I'm thinking transfering it to the kids room.
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/60135299/