Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Beat the Yeast Diaper Stick--I need more CD feedback

As to better ensure that the sticks are CD safe (that is, do not normally require stripping), I would like to get more testers. I have had no complaints from current users. I would just like to get some more testers. I just ask that you check in with me during your first few months of use to tell me how it is going--what your basic impressions of washing and performance are.

Shea butter can cause allergies in those who are allergic to rubber latex, as it contains a similar form of natural latex. I also increased the coconut oil a little bit, which does make the other ingredients slightly more dilute. I expect to continue adjusting ratios ever so slightly for my final recipe.

I am looking for feedback on any and all aspects of the sticks' cloth diaper use as well as your general pleasure in using them. (Feel free to try them as a very mild deodorant as well if you do not sweat or stink that much.) The stick includes zinc oxide. From my research online, it seems that zinc oxide may stain some microfiber and fleece on diapers but that it is does not inhibit performance and require stripping; in other words, it is the other components of zinc oxide creams that require stripping in some CDs. Initial feedback from CD users would concur.

Ingredients: organic coconut oil, organic white (extra-filtered) beeswax, french pressed zinc oxide, arrowroot (tapioca) powder, shea butter, natural vitamin e, organic tamanu oil, olive oil

Apply at the first sign of rash. Unlike creams that need to be gooped, a thin layer is all you should need. Store in temperature controlled environments. Disclaimer: If you have any medical conditions, consult with your licensed physician before using this (or any) cosmetic product.

9.75 each for testers, actual cost. Or if you want to purchase a deodorant from me (see siggy), I will offer a full size deodorant and a test diaperstick for $23. I have FOUR diapersticks left for testing.

Advertisement

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 10-20-2013 at 07:11 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Beat the Yeast Diaper Stick

Forgot to subscribe to my own thread. *blush*

Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
Old 03-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Beat the Yeast Diaper Stick, EO Shower Disks, Strong but Gentle Natural Deodorant

Interest?

Old 03-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Beat the Yeast Diaper Stick, EO Shower Disks, Strong but Gentle Natural Deodorant

I have yet to find a working deodorant and I'm sure I'm not alone. I'd be interested in a natural deodorant that worked.

(my dd hasn't been rashy at all, so I'm no help with your diaper stick)
Old 03-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Huxley, you are the second person to indicate interest in the deodorant sticks, although the other person's mailbox is perpetually full. Since I have only been making those in a soap bar shape for personal use, it is unclear how many "recipes" it would take to fill a stick. It appears that ALL of the powders are somehow absorbed by the oil so that there is no increase in volume (despite using several times as much powder as oil).

That is all to say that I don't have any ready, and I wouldn't even know how to price them at cost yet. If it is ok, I would like to get back to you within the next couple of weeks. Thanks.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #6
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh of course. Take your time. When and if it is all figured out id love to try it out. I just thought I'd express my interest since it sounds like a good product.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #7
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thank you!

Old 03-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #8
kfosmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dedcita, I would be interested in testing on of the diaper sticks and would love to test the deodorant as well. Let me know.
Krista
kfosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #9
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Super, kfos! Thanks. I am sick but will look into making the Sweatsticks the next day when I have strength. That way I can estimate their cost and combine shipping.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #10
newtocloth2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also may be interested in trying the deodorant.