Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #11
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth diapering a preemie

bummis original covers w preemie prefolds or wash cloths is what I loved. but had i known better, i would have bought lil joeys.
my son was 5 lbs 15 oz and daughter was 6 lbs 4 oz.

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #12
shoebert
Registered Users
seller

We did GMD preemie prefolds and bummis original wrap covers and lil joeys for our 32-weeker when he came home at 6lb 1oz. They worked great! He grew out of the bummis covers within 3-4 weeks but is still using the preemie prefolds now in Thirsties duo size 1 at 11lbs.
shoebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #13
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
bummis original covers w preemie prefolds or wash cloths is what I loved. but had i known better, i would have bought lil joeys.
my son was 5 lbs 15 oz and daughter was 6 lbs 4 oz.
Lil Joey's fit, but didn't really work super well - we got leaks out the legs (so you didn't miss much IMO).

Mine were - 5 lbs 14 oz, 6 lbs 2 oz, and 5 lbs 15 oz.

Nana' bottoms AIOs and fitted worked well. I loved NB Mutts. Diaper Drive Thru - Itty Bitty Bliss size xxs were our favorite fitted (she doesn't make them anymore, but you can still find them on FSOT). NB Nanipoos also were excellent tiny fitted.

Bummis Originals and Superbrites worked well as covers.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #14
mpink22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My guy came home at 4. 9 We used snap ex and nanas bottom and finds. By can fit at around 5.5 pounds and misspellings aio did too. Base covers with God oranges fit around 5 pounds.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #15
PinkBabyCakes
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisa03 View Post
My daughter came home at 4lbs and the only ones that fit her were Softbums (with a small insert/booster - I didn't use the Softbums inserts until MUCH later). They still fit her now at 16 lbs, which just blows my mind that she was ever so tiny. Sadly, I had only bought one because I thought I was being all smart by not getting newborn diapers... I had a Fuzzbunz XS (intended for photos), but it didn't fit her until she was around 6-7lbs because she was so skinny. I didn't try any of the others PPs suggested but just in case you wanted something that would last beyond the newborn stage I figured I'd throw it out there
Aww thank you so much, this is good to know. Yeah I didn't get newborn diapers either because all reviews said they outgrow them so fast, but so not the case. My daughter is skinny too
PinkBabyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #16
wisa03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

p.s. preemie prefolds and even infant prefolds are your friend... we still use ours constantly as rags - especially for spills, they are so absorbent
wisa03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #17
PinkBabyCakes
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just ordered some nanas bottoms for her and looking into the prefolds, thank you so much everyone
PinkBabyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #18
wisa03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL sorry, was totally typing that message when you responded! Yes - I did the exact same thing! I was all like "silly people, why spend so much money on so many diapers that only last, maybe, a few weeks". And then could have used them for like, easily 4 months. I finally caved a few months in and bought a pack of those Lil Joeys (ADORABLE, might I add) - still got a good month or two use out of them, but if I ever have another, I'm definitely shelling out for more newborn stuff (and some Softbums, although they are a bit pricey for my taste (at least to create an entire stash from them) so probably just a couple more and then some fitteds and other cute newborn AIOs). Eee! Those days are so sweet and fleeting! Enjoy them!
wisa03 is offline   Reply With Quote