Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #21
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any interest in a high risk thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteiner18 View Post
I am, although nothing like you guys

I had pre-e with my first and preterm labor. My pre-e was pretty bad but nothing like my aunt, she went into cardiac arrest from hers and ended up in a coma for 3 months.
My second I had preterm labor starting at around 30 weeks, full blown at 34 although they stopped it. Both pregnancies I delivered at 37 weeks exactly.
This time I have a even more sensitive cervix than last time ( I was on bedrest with both girls for months, in the hospital with #2 from bleeding).
I am 10 weeks and I have been bleeding daily since 5 weeks. I am on modified bedrest for now, and pelvic rest since 5 weeks. I will be put on full on bedrest by about 20 weeks my doctor said if things do not change. I am mostly concerned because I am a photographer and I have a wedding this weekend. 6 hours of work I can't get out of it but I did get a second shooter thank goodness. I told my doctor and he okay'd it just said to sit as often as possible. Prayers that Saturday goes well please!
It sounds like you have a long road ahead of you! I hope that you are able to carry to term. Prayers that the wedding goes off well for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van1300 View Post
Just wanted to send my support. I am 3 months post with baby number two and was on modified bed rest from 32 weeks on after getting pneumonia. Then I struggled with high blood pressure, high fluid levels and gestational diabetes. Oh and a gigantic headed baby!!. I had so many appointments and blood tests in the end. I was sent to labor and delivery a few weeks in a row.

I made it to 37 weeks and had a smooth scheduled repeat c- section (stalled labor with my first). Everything has been great since. I know you all can make it and I hope for nothing but positive outcomes for all of you!!!
My son's head is already measuring almost a week ahead. I am thankful he can't come out of me the old fashion way! Glad everything went well for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeJen View Post
I'm high risk because of IC. My docs are placing my cerclage on Thursday at 14 weeks. Hoping all goes well. My last cerclage was the most difficult they have ever done because of my anatomy. Its scary, but necessary for me to make out to term.
I am sorry you are having to deal with an IC. However I have only seen good things with Cerclage once it is placed. I have even known some women who got it done prior to conception. I hope all goes well with you! Many prayers for Thursday. You are exactly 3 weeks behind me!

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #22
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2ManyBlessings View Post

Ive had 3 34 weekers and they do quite well. Only a few more weeks, hang in there! 36 would be amazing! My 34 weekers had feeding issues for about 4 weeks but they weren't bad, just takes them a while to learn "suck/swallow/breathe" in a smooth flowing motion. I went on to breastfeed all 3. If you have any specific Qs Id be happy to help.

Kristen - Helpmeet to an amazing DH. Mama to seven blessings (and #8 on the way!)
I may very well take you up on the offer! I have been pretty anxious about everything but I tend to find one thing to obsess over and focus my anxiety on. This week its definitely breastfeeding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
Kristen - Welcome! Sorry about all your PTL! I hope you are able to get closer to term this time! Are you out of the hospital yet?

Good luck and welcome!

AFM - I had a non-OB ultrasound today (for my oncologist) and it was uneventful. So I think I will not be hearing from her till April! My son (inside me) was dancing around a bit but that just was reassuring! DS (outside) was well behaved too. Next appointment is OB on Tuesday (a week from tomorrow).
Glad the US went well and that you got a peek at the baby, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteiner18 View Post
I am, although nothing like you guys

I had pre-e with my first and preterm labor. My pre-e was pretty bad but nothing like my aunt, she went into cardiac arrest from hers and ended up in a coma for 3 months.
My second I had preterm labor starting at around 30 weeks, full blown at 34 although they stopped it. Both pregnancies I delivered at 37 weeks exactly.
This time I have a even more sensitive cervix than last time ( I was on bedrest with both girls for months, in the hospital with #2 from bleeding).
I am 10 weeks and I have been bleeding daily since 5 weeks. I am on modified bedrest for now, and pelvic rest since 5 weeks. I will be put on full on bedrest by about 20 weeks my doctor said if things do not change. I am mostly concerned because I am a photographer and I have a wedding this weekend. 6 hours of work I can't get out of it but I did get a second shooter thank goodness. I told my doctor and he okay'd it just said to sit as often as possible. Prayers that Saturday goes well please!
How did Saturday go for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeJen View Post
I'm high risk because of IC. My docs are placing my cerclage on Thursday at 14 weeks. Hoping all goes well. My last cerclage was the most difficult they have ever done because of my anatomy. Its scary, but necessary for me to make out to term.
Good luck on Thursday.

My DH just got back from a deployment (I am living with my mom until baby is born). He has to go back to our home station in two weeks but its been so nice to have him here all day! And i dont feel nearly as guilty asking him to do things for me as I do my mom.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #23
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome. And hello again to the rest of you ladies.

My beta levels were at a bit over 9600 yesterday so good increase and no more bleeding so far. I am getting hungrier lol. I am getting optimistic over here!

Next ultrasound and first appointment are scheduled for February 28th. Wish me luck. I can't wait to see a little heart beat!

I wish all of you the very best.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #24
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
My DH just got back from a deployment (I am living with my mom until baby is born). He has to go back to our home station in two weeks but its been so nice to have him here all day! And i dont feel nearly as guilty asking him to do things for me as I do my mom.
I am so glad that your able to spend some time with your DH before he goes off again. That has to be hard. Will he be able to be around for the birth or is that still up in the air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almacham View Post

My beta levels were at a bit over 9600 yesterday so good increase and no more bleeding so far. I am getting hungrier lol. I am getting optimistic over here!

Next ultrasound and first appointment are scheduled for February 28th. Wish me luck. I can't wait to see a little heart beat!

Glad your not having any more bleeding! That is always welcome! Good luck in a week!

AFM - I got no word from my oncologist today so I think I passed my ultrasound! She would have called by now if it was bad. No news is really good news with her. Little guy was a bit quiet today but I am still just 16w 6d so I think he can hide. I did feel him when I tried to get him to move a bit this afternoon. I can't wait for the BIG FAT kicks! I have video of my last son kicking me from the inside. It is so cool! I hope to do that again with this baby.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #25
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Glad that you passed your ultrasound!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #26
asteiner18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great news Jennifer!
Angel wife to the love of my life Brandon and mother to Scarlette 5/07 Ruby 1/09 and with #3 due with another sweet daughter in September <3

Angel Murphy Photography
asteiner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #27
5lilmonkeys
Registered Users
seller

I will join in I am high risk for Epilepsy, Asthma, preterm labor in previous pregnancies, 2 prior miscarriages, advanced maternal age, and having my previous child born with shoulder dystocia. Looking at a C-section this time around.
5lilmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #28
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almacham View Post

Great news! Feb 28th is just around the corner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I am so glad that your able to spend some time with your DH before he goes off again. That has to be hard. Will he be able to be around for the birth or is that still up in the air?

AFM - I got no word from my oncologist today so I think I passed my ultrasound! She would have called by now if it was bad. No news is really good news with her. Little guy was a bit quiet today but I am still just 16w 6d so I think he can hide. I did feel him when I tried to get him to move a bit this afternoon. I can't wait for the BIG FAT kicks! I have video of my last son kicking me from the inside. It is so cool! I hope to do that again with this baby.
DH will definitely be there for the scheduled c-sec. If I dont make it that far he will hop on a plane as soon as the mfm opts for delivery. So he may or may not make it, but he wasnt supposed to be home til May so we are just happy he is in the States at all.

Yay for no news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5lilmonkeys View Post
I will join in I am high risk for Epilepsy, Asthma, preterm labor in previous pregnancies, 2 prior miscarriages, advanced maternal age, and having my previous child born with shoulder dystocia. Looking at a C-section this time around.
Welcome! Will anything particular for you or just extra monitoring?
Old 02-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #29
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5lilmonkeys View Post
Welcome! I hope that you have a smooth pregnancy!

AFM - Yesterday I put myself on the prayer list at church. Mom said a few people did this at her work for me too (she lives in Florida). I also changed the blog a bit for the new people that will be visiting soon. LOVE the blog. Helps with all the questions that people ask when your in a high risk situation.

Last edited by 3 ladybugs; 02-22-2013 at 09:52 AM.
3 ladybugs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #30
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

How is everyone doing?

I went to the OB today and all I found out is that I am doing well, and if I need a blood transfusion at delivery, I need special blood. I guess it has to be extra clean or something because of my history of lymphoma.