Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Just spoke to my doctor about VBAC..

I hope you had some luck finding a fully supportive practice. I wouldn't risk it, with a practice where 4 out of 6 weren't supportive. If your doc is great, then he should understand your need to feel like you aren't gambling on your birth.

kjtzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #12
Registered Users

I would look into finding a different practice. I've had 3 kids and none of them have been delivered by the doctor I saw throughout the whole pregnancy.
carriejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #13
Registered Users

Originally Posted by Lilybug1 View Post
So I just spoke to my OB about doing a VBAC, he said I could be a good candidate, since I had one vaginal delivery and one c-section (performed by him) due to baby's size, but get this, while he is supportive, his partners are not. There are 6 doctors in the group and he says that one of his partners would be okay with VBAC but the other 4 would not. So if I go into labor and one of those 4 other doctors are on call, I'd have to hope that he could come in and make himself available. He said he would try to work it out, but that if he is out of town or if he/his kids are sick or whatever, he might not be able to. So if I really, relaly, really want to do a c-section, it might be worth looking into a practice that the whole group is on board. I really like my doctor because he knows a lot of my issues...I don't know if it's worth it.

What do you think?
go for a VBAC., at all costs. that is my opinion.
painter412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

I hope you're able to find another practice that increases your chances of a vbac. I'm currently planning for a vba2c and I am driving an hour to see the doctor and midwives I've chosen. I hate the drive, but it is so well worth it to know I'm with a practice that truly supports my birthing wishes.
mommy2paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #15
Registered Users

Like Canadianbakers said, they can't force you into a cesarean. It is against the law for them to refuse you if you are in active labor -- to say, sorry, go somewhere else because I won't do a VBAC. To force you into one would be assualt. They could mentally force you into one, but that is really up to you. If you feel strong enough, I would fight it. Trust your doctor and his opinion, and hope he can be there; if not, wait until you truly are in active labor (contractions 4 mins apart, 1 min long, going on for an hour) before getting to the hospital; if you arrive before active labor they CAN refuse you. But anti-patient-dumping laws make it so if you are in active labor it would be irresponsible (and a liability) for them to send you elsewhere.
Mama of 4 boys ages 13, 11, 7, and homebirth baby born 4-6-13
"No more sacred word exists in secular or holy writ than that of mother." Ezra Taft Benson
doula, childbirth educator, breastfeeding counselor

Last edited by birdinhand; 02-20-2013 at 05:57 PM.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote