Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #11
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastmilk storage bags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley84 View Post
I thinking overfilling the bags is a huge part of it. I don't think you should ever put more than 6oz in a Lansinoh bag. Even 6oz might be pushing it. That's stretching the bag way beyond it's capacity. The bags are stretched further when they freeze.

I honestly can't even imagine being able to fit 10oz into a single bag. I guess if you're committed to always thawing them out in Ziplock baggies, it wouldn't be as big of a deal. If the seams are split the milk will turn bad much faster though.
Amazingly--it is my bags that have 3 and 4 oz that split, not the ones that have 10oz. There is plenty of room in the bag. It isn't that hard. So instead of using 3 bags I only have to use one.

I always thaw in a bowl so not wasteing anything.

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 06:02 AM   #12
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

i have used lansinoh, gerber i think and/ or nuk & breast something my milk bank sends & never a leak. u make sure seal is right & no leaks as u pour? few leaked if i tore bag or didnt get sealed all the way.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #13
organicmama10
Registered Users
seller
seller

I mainly use the medela freeze bottles. The only bags I've used are the green sprout. I had to travel quite a bit when I went back to work and bottles weren't conducive for transport. The green sprout bags were great! Thick and never leaked. Love that they are biodegradable.
organicmama10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:31 PM   #14
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I used Lansinoh bags and got leaks in them, didn't care for them but didn't know how good honeysuckle brand were, they are 100% better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleDaffodil View Post
I'm surprised no one has recommended honeysuckle. these bags rock! order one pack and you wont be disappointed you can literally feel how thick they are!
I had never heard of these until i started pumping for another mom, these bags are really better and softer, nicer and I recommend these over all others.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #15
Nkmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used lansinoh with my first born and never had leaks ...well maybe once or twice now that I think back. But I always froze them flat and then stored them in shoeboxes so they wouldn't be subject to extra movement aroun the deep freeze from hubby or me searching for something. Always defrosted in a ziplock ...too precious to chance wasting.

And honeysuckle brand ? Not heard of but def looking into this time around!
Nkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #16
shoebert
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
Amazingly--it is my bags that have 3 and 4 oz that split, not the ones that have 10oz.
Same here - it always seems like the ones that leak are the ones without much in them, 3-4oz. I just had 3 of them leak this week. So annoying!
shoebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #17
shoebert
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkmom View Post
Always defrosted in a ziplock ...too precious to chance wasting.
Do you use a new ziplock each time? I defrost in a ziplock so the water doesn't get into the bag if there's a hole, but any milk that leaks into the ziplock I just toss. But we re-use the same ziplock until that starts to leak too, so I'm not comfortable that it's clean.
shoebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #18
Milesmommie
Registered Users

I love the Medela bags, the ones you attach right to the pump. I think my favorite thing about them is that they stand on their own. I recently bought NUK bags, that claimed to stand on their own and was very disappointed.
Milesmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #19
Milesmommie
Registered Users

I love the Medela bags, the ones you attach right to the pump. I think my favorite thing about them is that they stand on their own. I recently bought NUK bags, that claimed to stand on their own and was very disappointed.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #20
Milesmommie
Registered Users