Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #31
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Sooo I'm going to go buy dog food and kiss the dryer balls goodbye. My dog says thank you.

Advertisement

themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #32
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by themamageek
Sooo I'm going to go buy dog food and kiss the dryer balls goodbye. My dog says thank you.
My dogs will be upset once all of mine have been destroyed lol
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #33
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool dryer balls - want negative reviews too!

I'll be the one to say I think they are great! I'm currently making 10 new ones!

I make them from yarn & THOROUGHLY felt them. I've had 2 come apart, from the first batch I made several years ago & they only had the first couple rounds of yarn come off & then it didn't make any mess at all, besides a tiny ball of yarn in the laundry.

I do shave mine every now & then so they stay looking nice & don't leave too much lint. I make the cores from Fisherman's wool but use my hyena wool scraps as the outer layers.

I do think that they cut the drying time & that they soften my laundry. We can't use any fabric softeners/additives because of skin issues and the dryer balls do great!

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #34
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie
I'll be the one to say I think they are great! I'm currently making 10 new ones!

I make them from yarn & THOROUGHLY felt them. I've had 2 come apart, from the first batch I made several years ago & they only had the first couple rounds of yarn come off & then it didn't make any mess at all, besides a tiny ball of yarn in the laundry.

I do shave mine every now & then so they stay looking nice & don't leave too much lint. I make the cores from Fisherman's wool but use my hyena wool scraps as the outer layers.

I do think that they cut the drying time & that they soften my laundry. We can't use any fabric softeners/additives because of skin issues and the dryer balls do great!
Do you have a newer dryer? Thanks for chiming in!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #35
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:

we have anywhere from 4-8 in our dryer at any given time. I love them and the only negative is when they come out with my clothes and the cats steal them(;
Old 02-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #36
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

eh i didn't think they were all that helpful.

Are you looking for help with static? The best way to fight static is only dry cotton/heavy materials together and then synthetic/light material together.

Static happens, mostly, because synthetic (and other) material dry faster than cotton and the dry clothes rub against other clothes causing static.

Changing which clothes I wash together fixed our static issues better than anything else I have tried.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #37
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by themamageek View Post
Do you have a newer dryer? Thanks for chiming in!
We bought the set is 2007. So, I'm not sure if that is newer or not? FWIW-it is a front loading set. Also, my husband recently serviced the dryer & replaced MANY of the inner parts.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:41 AM   #38
knittingk
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have 4-6 in the dryer at any given time. Mine are roving and then crocheted over the top. The first balls I had were just roving and after about a year they started falling apart. The ones that are crocheted over have been in use for 2-3 years and are doing great. I think they work well to keep down the static on most loads (on loads with flannel such as sheets I generally throw in a fabric sheet as well since it is just too much static to keep down).
Old 02-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #39
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s
eh i didn't think they were all that helpful.

Are you looking for help with static? The best way to fight static is only dry cotton/heavy materials together and then synthetic/light material together.

Static happens, mostly, because synthetic (and other) material dry faster than cotton and the dry clothes rub against other clothes causing static.

Changing which clothes I wash together fixed our static issues better than anything else I have tried.
Nah, we mostly use natural fibers. Static isn't an issue most of the time.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #40
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I love them when I can find them!! Right now I need to find all ours
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote