Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-20-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
Registered Users
anyone know about stinging nettle root?

I was at the health food store today and I got some info about bfing support and it gave a list of herbs to use to help support and/or increase your milk supply. It had stinging nettle root, goat's rue, and vitex. This is what it said about them: stinging nettle enriches and increases the flow of breastmilk and restores the mothers energy after childbirth. Vitex is on of the best recognized herbs in Europe for promoting lactaion. I am just wondering if anyone knows anything about this or if it might be true??

Also, I went to go find some blessed thistle and on the bottle it said not to take if you were pregnant or lactating. I thought that you could take it with fenugreek?? So, I got some more fenugreek and I got the stinging nettle root and some mothers milk tea. I dont know if I can take them together or not, but I thought maybe I would try the stinging nettle root, I just dont know how much I should be taking to help increase my supply?!

If anyone has any answers or advice, they would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Courtney, mama to Peytonn, Bennett, Avonlea Quinn
cautiously expecting #4 October 2013
bebeboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:11 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: anyone know about stinging nettle root?

I just used the Mother's Milk Tea every 4 hours to increase my milk supply.
9 year old daughter, 5 year old son, 16 month old son In the army for 11 years and a near Fort Carson, CO
yotricia02 is offline   Reply With Quote