Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #11
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor
So my doc today wasn't worried about this at all, but suggested minimal stimulation on them because that could trigger contractions? Even suggested wearing a bra for support 24/7... I seriously do not want to do that!! I only wear a bra outside the house, so a few hrs a day at most this time of year. Has anyone heard of that suggestion?

This kind of stinks though, maybe TMI but that's a big part of DTD for DH and I so are we just sol or do you think the dr is being overly cautious? Almost 32 wks .....

On the upside they are still super positive about a vbac and are even fine with going overdue as much as I am comfortable with. So that's something!
I would be the same way as it's a big part of dtd for us too. I have heard to avoid it but I didn't start hearing this or reading it until the end of my pg with DS so I haven't ever worried too much about it. I have also had slight leaking here and there at 16 weeks. I don't know...I haven't ever really had contractions from it so I haven't worried too much. But if my OB told me not to, I would probably try to avoid the stimulation for at least the next 5 weeks. I tend to think that some women just leak while others don't buy that is just me. And I'm not a physician, I'm an accountant. So my thoughts should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #12
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

She did say it could prove beneficial for labor stimulation after 36 wks or so we could perhaps jump start things (the goal not being labor at 36 wks of course). With DS and my emergency c at 38 1/2 wks, my cervix etc was no where near ready for labor. So I have been worried about being way overdue with a big baby and a vbac. DS was 8 lbs 15 oz 10 days early.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #13
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yeah, I have heard that too. I went several days overdue with DS and we did what we wanted the whole time in the bedroom. I really have to wonder if it doesn't differ based on what your body is used to?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #14
birdinhand
Registered Users

Re: Leaking BM at 31 wks??

I don't know why, if you aren't already having contractions or pre-term labor, the fact that you are leaking colostrum puts you at higher risk for that? I would ask, if you are really worried, what the leaking of colostrum has to do with the potential for ptl -- I have never heard of a woman getting this request before, and I have dealt with hundreds of pregnant women and we specifically talk about leaking colostrum as a normal part of pregnancy.

If sex and breast stimulation haven't given you contractions before now, I think I would keep things the same unless something showed me we should back down; if you aren't on pelvic rest for some reason, I wouldn't be disciplined enough to leave my breasts out of the action.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #15
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

leaking before birth isnt uncommon. i think especially more kids u have had & ur body... i knew someone that leaked before baby births.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #16
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinhand
I don't know why, if you aren't already having contractions or pre-term labor, the fact that you are leaking colostrum puts you at higher risk for that? I would ask, if you are really worried, what the leaking of colostrum has to do with the potential for ptl -- I have never heard of a woman getting this request before, and I have dealt with hundreds of pregnant women and we specifically talk about leaking colostrum as a normal part of pregnancy.

If sex and breast stimulation haven't given you contractions before now, I think I would keep things the same unless something showed me we should back down; if you aren't on pelvic rest for some reason, I wouldn't be disciplined enough to leave my breasts out of the action.
I have never had a contraction. Not even BH's. I was surprised to hear it too because everyone said it was so normal...
Old 02-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #17
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

It is totally normal, I started leaking with my first three kids at 20 weeks, I was freaked out with my rainbow baby because it didn't happen at all until after she was born and a few days old.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #18
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't worry about the nip stim. Do whatever you would normally do!
If it does start making you cramp or contract, then I'd maybe hold off for a couple weeks, kwim? But there's no reason to suddenly stop if it's not causing anything anyways. Just because it can for some mamas doesn't mean it will for every mama!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #19
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You know what's weird? I leaked with my first one, and had absolutely nothing with the others until they were a few hours old! Then it came in with a vengeance.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #20
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Totally normal. With dd I actually leaked colostrum at 9 dpo (seriously freaked me out) it went away and then came back at around 30 weeks. This time around I am still nursing dd but the milk switched to colostrum around 24 weeks.