Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #11
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Good points! My son is a fall baby, gets sick all the time and gives it to the entire family lol so I know it's colds he is getting. Good point about the weather change. Maybe I'll only have to be crazy cautious until my maternity leave is over. I live in SC so it warms early, but has been a notably bad year for respiratory bugs.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #12
cpamamma
Registered Users
seller

I could have written this. DD1 is 2 and DD2 is 1 month. I wanted to keep DD1 in daycare part time while I was on maternity leave cuz she loves school. Also her daycare won't hold her spot for more than a month (lame). I love her daycare educationally/socially like you said. But she is sick all winter long.

Anyway two days after bringing DD2 home from the hospital and DD1 has RSV. DD2 caught it but luckily it stayed mild. No hospitalization but we were at the doc 4 times that week to check her oxygen. After that we decided to pull DD1 out for the month. I will discuss with our daycare if I can put a deposit down to keep her out another month b/c I think march will still be germy.

So here is my question. Can you put both kids in the smaller daycare for like 3 months until the younger child is a bit older? Then put older DS back in the place you love? Summer should be ok for germs too.
cpamamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #13
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yeah, I could talk with the provider about a temporary placement or do a nanny just for the rest of cold/flu season and then transfer DS bak to his daycare and leave DD at home. That's a good idea!

Glad u mamas understand and can relate!

DS has been at home for the past 2 weeks (in anticipation of maternity leave) and has never been more well!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by amb2j; 02-21-2013 at 01:06 PM.
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote