Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #21
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueswirl View Post
I'm thinking they figure they can have a greater profit margin on the new style...
Someone did a comparison on their blog and the old and new both weighed the same so I think they have the same amount of cotton.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #22
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: So I wonder why CB didn't.....

I was thinking about this earlier - I vividly remember a total uproar on the diaper forums when BG 3.0 and BG 4.0 were released. There were mamas really upset about certain changes (they discontinued the option of fleece inners with the release of 3.0 and 4.0s made them a much bigger diaper which some mamas didn't like). Likely the complaints on DS are not representative of their overall sales. Most mamas will like the new Elemental just fine and are usually not as picky as all of us
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #23
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post
I was thinking about this earlier - I vividly remember a total uproar on the diaper forums when BG 3.0 and BG 4.0 were released. There were mamas really upset about certain changes (they discontinued the option of fleece inners with the release of 3.0 and 4.0s made them a much bigger diaper which some mamas didn't like). Likely the complaints on DS are not representative of their overall sales. Most mamas will like the new Elemental just fine and are usually not as picky as all of us
I wasn't here when the 3.0 came out & I don't remember mamas upset about the 4.0 since that has "better" aplix & fit longer. I was into other diapers then so I wasn't on here as much (in diaper chatter that is). You are right though.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #24
KoalaHuggerz
Registered Users
Formerly: ShowJumperJen
seller

My Mood:

I personally hate rolled elastic so I think it was a good move to switch to encased. Also note that rolled elastic is nearly impossible to replace. In my case, the regular bges were too small for my son so the bigger the better!
KoalaHuggerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #25
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow
Yup.

This is a tiny corner of the market. Very tiny. And they used lots of consumer feedback in the redesign! It's completely impractical to manufacture both--that just isn't done.

Besides, diehard Elemental families have already bought their Elementals. These are for the next generation of diapering families, with improvements made based on feedback. Both generations of the product use exactly the same cotton yardage.

I don't think this could have been marketed as a Flip because it can't "flip" into hybrid or stay-dry mode. The soaker is not somehow interchangeable with a disposable or stay-dry diaper.

But you have to remember that once you make your purchase, you're a limited time customer. New users are the target market in this business--most families are only buying cloth diapers a handful of times over the course of 3-6 years. What appeals to a new user is what it makes the most sense to design, manufacture, and carry in your store.

Last edited by March; 02-21-2013 at 04:28 PM.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #26
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post

Yup.

This is a tiny corner of the market. Very tiny. And they used lots of consumer feedback in the redesign! It's completely impractical to manufacture both--that just isn't done.

Besides, diehard Elemental families have already bought their Elementals. These are for the next generation of diapering families, with improvements made based on feedback. Both generations of the product use exactly the same cotton yardage.

I don't think this could have been marketed as a Flip because it can't "flip" into hybrid or stay-dry mode. The soaker is not somehow interchangeable with a disposable or stay-dry diaper.

But you have to remember that once you make your purchase, you're a limited time customer. New users are the target market in this business--most families are only buying cloth diapers a handful of times over the course of 3-6 years. What appeals to a new user is what it makes the most sense to design, manufacture, and carry in your store.
But this is DiaperSwappers! You mean the entire world of cd doesn't buy & sell non-stop?

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #27
Nagshead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm bummed