Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #11
ss456
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Recommendations for small cheap wetbags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady longs View Post
Wow. That's a really good deal! I think you should do this. Use plastic bags in the meantime....But, I doubt you will really get a better deal than this
That is a good deal! I've read some bad reviews though. Anyone here actually tried the Grovia wetbags?

Advertisement

ss456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #12
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have a few of the Grovia wet bags. The drawstring always sticks so you can never completely close it and the stitching came undone fast. I bought 5 at once, not realizing that they aren't the best. I do send them to preschool with ds but they are only sending home slightly damp covers in them. The school uses disposable Flip inserts inside Flip Trainer covers so they throw out the inserts & just send home the covers that weren't really that wet to begin with. I wouldn't use the Grovia wet bags if ds was bringing home wet diapers since it would make a mess in his backpack every day since they would leak out the top.

The Planetwise wet bags are really nice. I'd look for used ones here or maybe on eBay? I know the website Sew Crafty Baby was in the process of changing owners & had a coupon code on their Facebook page that included Planetwise products but I'm not sure how long that code is good for. Bummis also makes a nice drawstring cover that we have used in the past & were happy with. We have their original style Bummis small wet bag & those lasted us for about 10 years.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #13
ss456
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for letting me know about the Grovia bag issues! It's not such a great bargain if they don't close properly and leak! Plus, I don't want to create any problems for daycare related to my cloth diapers!

Last edited by ss456; 02-20-2013 at 08:13 PM. Reason: I messed up the quote function.
ss456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #14
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Honestly if you sent them in with another wetbag to put them in ---- you normally don't individually wrap, it is a bit silly that they would and solves there problem. I would probably still get them
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #15
Malka
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use the Grovia wetbags on occasion, though I prefer the ones I have with zippers. While they don't close completely, I haven't had any issues with storing wet diapers in them. I'm not storing diapers dunked in the toilet or anything, so there's nothing to leak out.

An alternative (what I usually use as a wetbag in the diaper bag) is the Alva wetbags. They're really cheap, though you'd have to wait a few weeks for them to arrive. I don't know how well the zippers will hold up with regular use. Also, I've noticed that the PUL on mine is damaged from being washed inside out with aplix diapers, while my other wetbags don't seem to have any damage. It hasn't caused any leaking though.
Malka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #16
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

i know i saw on here a mama in same situation. she was selling like 30 small ones. not sure if they are gone. try tryingtosaveumoney on ebay (not sure if on here). probably make for decent price as u buy more