Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #481
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ****Winter**** Chicken Moma chat thread. Join in the chat!

Yea, he does the plans and I make changes to make things easier for me to manage. Also facts like what sizethe boxes should be, boards to prevent savings falling out, ect. We kinda work together. The errr part is he keeps it all in his head and it's hart to say yay or nay. Lol. Finished 2 more coats of paint today, some spots 4 and also the roofing.

Denise, I can just picture how cute look sweetie!!!!

Here's the roo fathering the barthuner babies. His name is Plug-Plugged Nickle and the Moma is Pretty Penny, as in: he ain't worth a plugged nickel without the pretty penny.

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #482
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i can't believe i stumbled upon this thread. we have 30 hens...all different kinds...and no roos. We can't have any roosters cause of the ordinances in our county. we aren't technically supposed to have any chix, but our code enforcement guy gave me a break since i'm only 1/10 of an acre from being OK. our chix are doing pretty much OK. we live in GA, so the winter isn't too bad on them. They aren't laying as much as I'd like right now, but it's still cold, and I do have some pullets that may not be laying yet.

we did accidentally end up w/a rooster in our last batch of babies. too bad for the roo, he ended up in the cook pot. it was a homeschool lesson for the day LOL.
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #483
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome! I was just talking today about how much the chickens can teach in hs. Econimics, phsyiology, animal care, science, just keeps going. We're doing tons of match and measurements with building. The bator was fun, but we're gonna do another.

So glad to have you!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 02-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #484
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That coop is awesome!
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #485
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

That coop is AWESOME!

My bators are warming up, hopefully tomorrow they will keep a steady temp, and Saturday will be egg set day.....

Someone on this thread thought it would be great to send me a PILE of eggs! Oh how fun that is gonna be come hatch day......I can't wait to see who is gonna hatch!!!!!!

Sunday we are heading to a local farm to learn how to process the birds, I don't know how many we are gonna take, but we need to decide tomorrow, because Sat they can't eat!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #486
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Sarah that is just freaking amazing. I want some.

Pile of eggs ... aren't you exaggerating a little.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:21 AM   #487
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone! We had to sell the 4-wheeler to pay for boards, though. I think we have around 80 pressure treated 2X4's in it already. Not even starting the runs yet. Ray refuses to make anything the cheaper route. Makes it impossible to get things done. He is a blessing though. I hit the jackpot. The man can do/fix/build anything on his own. Just a perfectionist, lol. I do love the man. I'm sure you all understand the feeling, all ya'll have manly men hubbys

I only manages 18, how many did Liz fit in there, hahaha?????
Old 02-22-2013, 05:53 AM   #488
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9
Thanks everyone! We had to sell the 4-wheeler to pay for boards, though. I think we have around 80 pressure treated 2X4's in it already. Not even starting the runs yet. Ray refuses to make anything the cheaper route. Makes it impossible to get things done. He is a blessing though. I hit the jackpot. The man can do/fix/build anything on his own. Just a perfectionist, lol. I do love the man. I'm sure you all understand the feeling, all ya'll have manly men hubbys

I only manages 18, how many did Liz fit in there, hahaha?????
Yes Brady is the same way! Usually drags his feet a little to my crazy ideas, then by the end he's the one who really ended up being the motivator behind it
Old 02-22-2013, 05:53 AM   #489
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh and today is the day!!!!!!!!!! Cannot wait to see our chicks!!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #490
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!