Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #41
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippimommy
Perhaps I mistook your tone. That can happen when only reading what someone says. Came across very condescending.
Well I'm not the only one that came across condescending then.

Advertisement

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #42
Erin1712
Registered Users

Re: Vacation rental discrimination!

I fear this happening to us in the future. We have 3 boys. 7, 4 and 19 months and another baby on the way. We already get discriminated again when getting a hotel room. We have to lie about the number of children as they only allow 2 per room meaning we would have to rent 2 rooms for our family. Maybe when this baby comes we will for comfort and space but right now it is not needed. We just got a suit and DH paid for the room and we all came back later so they would not notice all the kids.

Also I agree that an owner should get the say on who rents their property however I think they should disclose exactly what they mean. Also when we go out we watch the kids so their is not damage done like one pp mentioned. Curtains ripped from walls ect. However even my MIL thinks my boys would ruin everything if they could get their hands on it and she has been around to see that they dont!
Erin1712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #43
AmeliasMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We too have encountered this with Hotels. When booking online it asks how many children and ages. 90% of the time it will come back with no rooms available when we type in the "facts." But if we put in 2 adults and one child, bam, rooms are available all day. So DH does just that. We have 3 kiddos aged 6, 3 and 2 and I am almost 34wks with #4. When we get to the Hotel, we explain how many we have, and there has been no issues at all, seems most the time their reservations don't even show what we put in.
AmeliasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #44
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

to the hotel stuff. Often places will say "only 4 persons to a room" but we've always been able to get everyone in one room - usually calling will get better results than online. My fav rooms are the "kids' theme rooms" with a separate sleeping area for the kids - 4 bunk beds - perfect cuz noone needs to share a bed.

To the pp that rents/lends out her place - Do these people know about the damages they are causing/leaving behind? Why in the world wouldn't they say something and at least offer to replace the item themselves?! Goodness.
Although, now that I'm thinking about it, our friends are kinda like that - borrow things and send them back dirty and ripped/broken, saying nothing, no apology.

OP - sorry about the condo rental. Even if he came back and apologized and offered us the place, after all that crud, I would decline. Not someone I'd like to deal with if something did happen, kwim?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #45
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliasMum View Post
We too have encountered this with Hotels. When booking online it asks how many children and ages. 90% of the time it will come back with no rooms available when we type in the "facts." But if we put in 2 adults and one child, bam, rooms are available all day. So DH does just that. We have 3 kiddos aged 6, 3 and 2 and I am almost 34wks with #4. When we get to the Hotel, we explain how many we have, and there has been no issues at all, seems most the time their reservations don't even show what we put in.
I think hotels have fire safety rules about how many bodies can be in one room? Maybe?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #46
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

yes they have fire safety ... amount of people that can be in the hotel.

if eveyone lied and said that there was only 2 people in the room when in fact there was 6....something happens...hotel can get in loads of trouble from the fire marshall
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote