Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #31
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Honestly, I would not stay with a man who pressured me to end the life of my unborn child. I know that is harsh, but this is beyond a normal "disagreement."

Life is a gift. Period. Look at these boards. There are women struggling with fertility who would give anything to be in your shoes. No one is promised the ability to reproduce. Cherish it. And tell him to get over it or move on.

Stacey, from iPhone using DS app

Advertisement

Stacey, wife to Steve, Mom to 26yod, 24yod, 22yod, 20yos, Granny to 4 and #5 due 1/16
Step-mom to 28yoss & step-granny to 5, Caretaker of 2 dogs, 5 cats + Kool & the Gang (my roo and his "chicks")
Christian SAHM/Granny & Disney travel planner - hbirthed, b-fed, cd'd, co-slept, sel/delay vax, didn't circ
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #32
Mommy2TwoGirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So I told him if I did the abortion that I would be leaving him. He had already called an abortion clinic and since we didn't know how far we were they wanted an ultrasound (which I was opposed to - an abortion is bad, then seeing him/her first would have killed me). We ended up having a very long in depth (emotional) conversation. Needless to say - WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!! I will be getting my tubes tied after this, though.

Of topic question - I'm now having Sharp shooting pains, not major pain but enough that I am fully aware - from what I remember with my last, this is normal? It just started. I know the last 24 hours have been way past stressful.
Mommy2TwoGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #33
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well I like how the convo turned out. I had some sharp pains, but I dont know ir it's normal or not. Just curious though why do you need to have your tubes tied, why can't he go have a V now?
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #34
Mommy2TwoGirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmightyme View Post
Well I like how the convo turned out. I had some sharp pains, but I dont know ir it's normal or not. Just curious though why do you need to have your tubes tied, why can't he go have a V now?
My insurance will pay for my tubes being tied after the birth (I had the option with my last I just wasn't sure I didn't want more...) I am definitely done with 3. He wants to go get a V as well.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #35
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: expired test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoGirls View Post
one of major flaws in our relationship is he is very materialistic and doesn't want to loose anything because of this "situation/bump". We are not even married because I refuse a prenup.

I can not do three kids on my own. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. If I fight and keep the baby he will love the child, no doubt. BUT every single problem will be thrown into my face. I don't think I could stay with someone of they did that... its not like I went out and cheated or something. This is ridiculous. I'm just tired of crying and quite frankly tired of him.

FWIW, if you had to do 3 kids, you would. It would work out somehow. I would rather have a hard time of it with 3 babies than know that I aborted one just for this ugly person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengranny View Post
Honestly, I would not stay with a man who pressured me to end the life of my unborn child. I know that is harsh, but this is beyond a normal "disagreement."
I wouldn't have stayed with him after the "no marrying without a pre-nup" thing.
He sounds very selfish and immature.

Quote:
We ended up having a very long in depth (emotional) conversation. Needless to say - WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!!

Of topic question - I'm now having Sharp shooting pains, not major pain but enough that I am fully aware - from what I remember with my last, this is normal? It just started. I know the last 24 hours have been way past stressful.
I am glad that he decided against the abortion after y'all talked.

I had a lot of cramping at 5 weeks with all of our successful pregnancies - are you somewhere near/around there?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #36
Mommy2TwoGirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I really have no idea how far I am. I nursed my youngest until 13 months and she is now 15 months. I didn't even get AF back until like two months prior to me stopping nursing her. There has been so much going on (moving, construction on our home, etc) I really haven't paid no mind to my menstrual cycle since it was still new to even have it back. I am going to be making a doctor appointment.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #37
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
So I told him if I did the abortion that I would be leaving him. He had already called an abortion clinic and since we didn't know how far we were they wanted an ultrasound (which I was opposed to - an abortion is bad, then seeing him/her first would have killed me). We ended up having a very long in depth (emotional) conversation. Needless to say - WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!! I will be getting my tubes tied after this, though.

I'm so glad you're both agreed to keeping the baby. I hope his attitude improves and he stops blaming you/the baby. It takes two after all! I'm also glad you're planning on permanent birth control. What a stressful situation.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #38
Mommy2TwoGirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So I went to the pregnancy crisis center... by rough estimate we think I am around 8 weeks. I will be trying to get into see a doctor as soon as I can so I can get an ultrasound to get the actual gestational age.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #39
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I'm glad you've worked things out. And in the future, if when things are stressful and he tries to throw it in your face, just throw it in his face that you have a beautiful son/daughter because you were strong and wouldn't give him/her up. As you know being a parent is hard, but the wonder of our children outweighs all that stress and struggle. We gladly accept it all for one cuddle, one hug with them.
Cramping is totally normal in early pregnancy. You said you were crying a lot. Perhaps you're dehydrated, that could make it worse. Drink lots of water.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #40
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

im glad he has come around. GL and wishing you a HH9M
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote