Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #11
Registered Users
Definitely need to do more filling things for him. Soup and yogurt, etc would be a side item at best with my DH. He would stop for fast food too.

Hot pockets are much cheap than fast food, I agree.

Proud SAHM to Connor (8-6-10) and our little born 4-14-13
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #12
My Mood:
Re: I need cheap lunch ideas for Hubby!

Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
Thanks everyone! He is just sooo picky. I made taco souplast night, hoping to send leftovers with him, which is one soup he usually will eat but he said the tomatoes 'tasted funny' we ran out of home canned ones so I used store bought. He said to just get lunch meat and white bread and he'll take a sandwich every day. I would get so sick of that but whatever so I'm going to go buy a big pack of turkey at Costco tomorrow for him. I asked about preportioning lasagna and stuff and he turned up his nose at that, WTH? I think I might do it for me though.
If he wants to take a plain sandwich everyday, I would just get him set up with some options for that. My DH is not that picky of an eater, but he is weird about what he will take for lunch. He would much rather take a plain sandwich, a bag of trail mix and a piece of fruit every day with very little variation, than to take leftovers. He will eat leftovers at home, but for his packed lunch for work that is all he will take. I swear his lunches look like something for an elementary school kid, but it makes him happy so whatever
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by threekstrio View Post
Costco has frozen burgers that you zap in the microwave. (I'm only thinking of cost here not of nutrition and don't know how delicious they would be)
I buy these for emergency lunches for dh. 8 in a box for 12.99$ the guys at his work drool over the smell. They are very good, but again emergency only, like I was up all night with kids and couldn't drag myself out of bed at 4 am to make his lunch and breakfast. Our current box was purchased the 1st of January and none have been used. Because they are pricey..

Other than those, my dh doesn't like to use the microwave or anything that requires him to stop and rest. He eats peanut butter and cheese sandwiches almost every day. Or cheese and butter.... tortillas with p/b and banana and honey.. almond or cashews, fruit that had to be already peeled and cut or he won't eat it. Cottage cheese, yogurt, cookies veggies w. Dressing. He eats what I pack most of the time, but going out to fast food had been an issue for him too, so I get it
Married to a real life Prince Charming
Ultra conservative hippy saved by grace
A thrifty housewife is better than a great income
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #14
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
My Mood:

I send Chili on rice a lot. Make a big batch and freeze individual servings.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote