Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #91
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 17th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I love my nursing tanks.. but I was like a 34B while engorged.. so not expecting to be big this time around either.

I also love my sleep bras.

I want some new nursing bras, but I'm really scared breastfeeding is gonna flop again
so, I'll wait. What I have will work to start out.
I ended up needing 3 different sizes during the time I was nursing anyway. One for engorgement, one for nursing regularly, and one for when we were working on weaning.

Even at a 34DD I prefer the nursing tanks/sleep bras at home. I just feel exposed going out in public that way!!

AFM: Congestion is getting worse, now I'm coughing. Everything's still coming out clear, but I can feel a sinus headache threatening again!! Ack!!! I had an epic coughing fit during dinner that made me have a little accident Of course, then my 2 year old threw a huge fit because she insisted she needed to be the one to change mommy's diaper. No amount of explaining would convince her I didn't need one.

Advertisement

mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #92
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Hehe, the mommy diaper thing is funny and cute 2yos are a riot.

Mine threw a ridiculous tantrum for absolutely no reason at bedtime. Seriously, we never figured out what happened or what stopped it.

All I've got is 33 weeks and haven't been able to breathe all week.

Apparently that's normal as 33/34 weeks is like the last big amniotic fluid spurt or something. And then it'll get better in a couple weeks when baby drops.

Which is, of course, whatever. Since DD never dropped (assuming she would have after dilation was complete).

Anyways... Baby is moving a ton and was transverse at dinner. I look down at my bump and I'm like 'how is that possible?' cause my bump isn't all wide or anything, but that was definitely a butt or head on the side. Guess baby is still smaller in reality than i tend to imagine. Now baby is vertical, but unless I feel hiccups, no clue which end is which

Can't sleep cause DH went back to work after dinner. Blah blah blah
Old 02-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #93
batsilvermoon
Registered Users
Formerly:batmomof3
seller

Were you having contractions, or just lost the plug? If nothing else is really happening, that the plug will re"grow" and you'll get many more weeks baking baby - she may surprise you and give you a good couple months still![/QUOTE]

some contractions... and i lost my plug with the last 2 and it didnt regrow my water broke a week after loosing the plug... my last 2 were both born at 36 weeks im at 33 tomorrow.. (fingers n toes crossed she stays put at least 2 more) doc said my cervix is completly mush? not dialated but babies head is right there like 1 finger in n she can feel it ?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #94
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by batsilvermoon View Post
Were you having contractions, or just lost the plug? If nothing else is really happening, that the plug will re"grow" and you'll get many more weeks baking baby - she may surprise you and give you a good couple months still!
some contractions... and i lost my plug with the last 2 and it didnt regrow my water broke a week after loosing the plug... my last 2 were both born at 36 weeks im at 33 tomorrow.. (fingers n toes crossed she stays put at least 2 more) doc said my cervix is completly mush? not dialated but babies head is right there like 1 finger in n she can feel it ?[/QUOTE]

That doesnt sound promising:/ i hope you make it several more weeks!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #95
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Soooo, constipation......

I drank metamucil tuesday and wednesday, not yesterday and today i gave birth to the largest..........owie, it hurt and there was tmi, blood. I have tucks and proctosol to help heal my bottom. Really??? I guess i need to drink two glasses a day, everyday!!! Omgoodness, it was sooooo painful, i was sweating. I only wish that on my worse enemy
Old 02-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #96
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes I did just eat ben and jerrys ice cream at 10 am! DD helped though! I love being pregnant. Everyone keeps asking if I am ok bc I can't breath bc of these BX HICKS!!!!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #97
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I had an epic coughing fit during dinner that made me have a little accident Of course, then my 2 year old threw a huge fit because she insisted she needed to be the one to change mommy's diaper. No amount of explaining would convince her I didn't need one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Anyways... Baby is moving a ton and was transverse at dinner. I look down at my bump and I'm like 'how is that possible?' cause my bump isn't all wide or anything, but that was definitely a butt or head on the side. Guess baby is still smaller in reality than i tend to imagine. Now baby is vertical, but unless I feel hiccups, no clue which end is which
Based on Hiccup's hiccups he's still flipping head-down to breech and back. As long as he settles head-down in the end, I'm okay with that - not stressing right now anyways.

Just googled - 33-34 weeks, baby is about 18" and 5lbs.
Of course that obviously could be a bit more or a bit less, depending on baby's overall growth pattern and size at birth, kwim? But a guesstimate anyways, and not as small as I was thinking!

Quote:
some contractions... and i lost my plug with the last 2 and it didnt regrow my water broke a week after loosing the plug... my last 2 were both born at 36 weeks im at 33 tomorrow.. (fingers n toes crossed she stays put at least 2 more) doc said my cervix is completly mush? not dialated but babies head is right there like 1 finger in n she can feel it ?
and for another few weeks anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Soooo, constipation....
Oh goodness, that sounds terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Yes I did just eat ben and jerrys ice cream at 10 am!
Sounds like a wonderful idea to me!

AFM: I'm puttering around the house today, but then we're going to town right away when DH gets home from work. His sister flies out tomorrow so tonight's our last night to visit. Hoping to take her to 'tutti fruitti' for fro yo! And we're hoping to get back in tomorrow first thing for breakfast with them, then we'd say goodbye when they (DH's parents and sis) leave for the city/airport, and we'll do our groceries and errands afterwards.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #98
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Awwww, hope you have a fun time with sil tonight and tomorrow. Its so anticlimatic when family leaves

Dipes for mommy!!! Lol!!!

B&J sounds delish, but not at 10am:/ maybe 10pm!!

I def have a hemmy :*( put proctosol on after my shower and could feel it. Waaaaaaaa.

Have a swim bday party tonight for my bestie's daughter, im taking ds and leaving dd with dad. I cant believe i have to wear my swimsuit at 34w......at least it fits(tankini) i might actually be more comfortable, physically, wearing a bikini top with my skirted bottoms. Ack.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #99
batsilvermoon
Registered Users
Formerly:batmomof3
seller

just got back from ob check and dr says if I can get to 34 we should be good with no nicu stay (fingers crossed hes right) we all agreed no cervix check because it can stir things up but her head is right there waiting and I have lots of pressure n pelvic pain because she is pushing down on cervix... so lets hope my water does not break for at least another week or 2
Old 02-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #100
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Awwww, hope you have a fun time with sil tonight and tomorrow. Its so anticlimatic when family leaves

Have a swim bday party tonight for my bestie's daughter, im taking ds and leaving dd with dad. I cant believe i have to wear my swimsuit at 34w......at least it fits(tankini) i might actually be more comfortable, physically, wearing a bikini top with my skirted bottoms. Ack.
It is, but we're also very used to it. Until DH's parents moved here in Sept, we'd been living here for 8 years with only short visits from family every year or so. So, unfortunately, we're used to goodbyes.
It's really nice not to have to say a "real" goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa now, though!

Have fun at the pool! I bet it'll feel awesome to be in the water - I swam a ton when pregnant with DS1, it was wonderful!

Quote:
just got back from ob check and dr says if I can get to 34 we should be good with no nicu stay (fingers crossed hes right) we all agreed no cervix check because it can stir things up but her head is right there waiting and I have lots of pressure n pelvic pain because she is pushing down on cervix... so lets hope my water does not break for at least another week or 2
and !!!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote