Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #511
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ 1/26 - 2/16 it's baby time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppydog View Post
Going on 6 cycles now.
thats not too bad but you sound like the last cycle could have been a close +. glad you are getting in before 0 next cycle. you would be starting prog about day 3po. I will put money on it that this is the issue.

HMommy: are you on progesterone? cause if its dropping w out meds thats not great. it should be raising in the early part of pregnancy w or without meds. if there is not enough progesterone the hcg will not double as quick cause there isnt enough heat to keep the fertilized egg warm or provided for.

Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #512
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post

thats not too bad but you sound like the last cycle could have been a close +. glad you are getting in before 0 next cycle. you would be starting prog about day 3po. I will put money on it that this is the issue.

HMommy: are you on progesterone? cause if its dropping w out meds thats not great. it should be raising in the early part of pregnancy w or without meds. if there is not enough progesterone the hcg will not double as quick cause there isnt enough heat to keep the fertilized egg warm or provided for.
I'm on prometrium 200mg twice daily. I was taking orally but switched to oral in morning and vaginal at bedtime last night to see if it helped with side effects. Could that have made my blood levels lower?
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #513
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydn'smommy View Post
I'm on prometrium 200mg twice daily. I was taking orally but switched to oral in morning and vaginal at bedtime last night to see if it helped with side effects. Could that have made my blood levels lower?
yeah I thought you were on it. taking orally makes it go thru your liver so you may not have as high of a dose by the end. (but also why you have higher symptoms since orally can make you feel drunk in 20 minutes) its better to go with it vaginally but not everyone can do that cause of yeast infection, some causes bleeding, some just major irritation. but 200 2 times a day is a large amount oral or vaginal so that should NOT cause it to go lower at all. it should be raising

Last edited by homebirthmom; 02-22-2013 at 08:30 AM.
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #514
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

yeah I thought you were on it. taking orally makes it go thru your liver so you may not have as high of a dose by the end. (but also why you have higher symptoms since orally can make you feel drunk in 20 minutes) its better to go with it vaginally but not everyone can do that cause of yeast infection, some causes bleeding, some just major irritation. but 200 2 times a day is a large amount oral or vaginal so that should NOT cause it to go lower at all. it should be raising
That's what i thought. It should go up on that, not drop. Idk. It was 13.6 on 11dpo then 17.9 at 13dpo then 15.6 at 14dpo then 13.3 (i was off when i posted before) at 17dpo. That just doesn't seem good.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
Old 02-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #515
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah thats not great
Old 02-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #516
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
II'm reading that eating before the test can create lower levels. That 17 was fasting. The others have been 2 hrs after lunch (15) and after breakfast (today). I wonder if that is part of the issue?
Old 02-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #517
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

That's what i thought. It should go up on that, not drop. Idk. It was 13.6 on 11dpo then 17.9 at 13dpo then 15.6 at 14dpo then 13.3 (i was off when i posted before) at 17dpo. That just doesn't seem good.
Progesterone is constantly fluctuating so don't let the difference worry you. As long as its staying out if the single digits you should be fine, especially with the supplements.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #518
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post

Progesterone is constantly fluctuating so don't let the difference worry you. As long as its staying out if the single digits you should be fine, especially with the supplements.
One of the MWs just called. My numbers "do not sound reassuring" and "we just have to wait and see" so yeah, i'm a total mess. I refuse to tell SO what she said. She wants me to wait a week to recheck progesterone and hcg. I don't know that i can wait that long.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #519
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
One of the MWs just called. My numbers "do not sound reassuring" and "we just have to wait and see" so yeah, i'm a total mess. I refuse to tell SO what she said. She wants me to wait a week to recheck progesterone and hcg. I don't know that i can wait that long.
hugs. keep taking the pills. try to not stress cause that can cause more issues. get your blood test in a week and go from there.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #520
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

hugs. keep taking the pills. try to not stress cause that can cause more issues. get your blood test in a week and go from there.
Yeah. I'm going to definitely try to wait until middle of next week to recheck. I'm just not reassured. The HCG is not doubling fast enough and the progesterone is dropping. So my best guess is i'm miscarrying again. I'm 7 days from my first positive hpt and this is where i found out my hcg and progesterone where super low last time.
I doubt we'll ttc again. My heart hurts too much with 2 in a row.