Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How much summer clothes for LOs?

I have 2 boys, 3 and 4. The Ds2 will get all DS1s stuff from last year so wont need much if anything.

How much do you/ would you keep around for these 2? I like to wash laundry no more than 1-2x a week and I need church appropriate clothes but it is casual church. We do nice jeans, cargo pants, ect with polos, button up shirts or really cute/nice Ts.

I just went through their current winter wardwrobe and we have a ton of pjs and Ds2 has more clothes than can fit in the designated draws since he gets hand me downs and then new clothes from grandparents.

Thanks!!

Advertisement

And one en-route via the red thread
http://speelmanhome.wordpress.com/
ggill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
SenoraE
Registered Users
seller

Re: How much summer clothes for LOs?

We also have 2 boys, but I decided I would not keep any play clothes from # 1 for # 2 for the exact reason you mentioned. It's been much more manageable this way. As I pack up from # 1 I give away all stained, ripped, or dingy clothing. DS # 2 can make his own play clothes.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just finished purchasing and organizing the kids summer clothes.
DS2 has 6 pairs of shorts and 12 shirts. Included in that are clothes for church like khaki shorts and some polos/button up shirts. I still need to buy him a pair of sandals, probably brown Keens so he can wear them everywhere.
DS1 has 5 pairs of shorts, 12 shirts and a pair of sandals.
DD has 10 outfits and several nicer dresses for church.
Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

5 pair jeanshorts--1 of those is khaki for church, but can double for play if needed
10 shirts--2 are polos for church, but again can double for play if needed
1 pair sandals
1 pair swim trunks
2 pair PJs

We actually also have a pair of dressy sandals, since their play sandals are Crocs and I don't want to mess with hosing them off every time they to church, school, grandparents, etc.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
MSmith88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We did fifteen outfits for one.

This includes play, nice, and church dressy. Two-three days a week DD will be in two outfits... one for the day and one for church events.

She has a pair of play sandals, a pair of knock off toms, water shoes, tennis shoes, and sunday shoes.

She has 6 pairs of pjs. However she gets a new pair nightly because we lube her up for her eczema.

We only do laundry once a week for her and we like variety
MSmith88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
MSmith88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh and five swimsuits. We live at the pool and lake during the summer.
MSmith88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #7
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda29 View Post
5 pair jeanshorts--1 of those is khaki for church, but can double for play if needed
10 shirts--2 are polos for church, but again can double for play if needed
1 pair sandals
1 pair swim trunks
2 pair PJs

This is pretty much us except he has like 4 pairs of board shorts since we live at the beach.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #8
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

My initial response is "one outfit for church, then just have them go naked." Hahaha. Ahh, laundry would be nonexistent!
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #9
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadmare View Post
My initial response is "one outfit for church, then just have them go naked." Hahaha. Ahh, laundry would be nonexistent!
My boys are two and four, and they would totally go for that! They absolutely love their post-bath naked time! Too bad the daycare would protest We have way more clothes than needed, since we get a ton of hand-me-downs from my nephew and both grandmas enjoy buying for them. But if I was buying them myself, I think I would have 7 pairs of shorts and 9 or 10 shirts for DS1, 10 pairs of shorts and a dozen shirts for my non-pt'ed messy eating DS2. We don't spend much time in the water, so 1 swimsuit for each. I don't like sandals on them since I am paranoid they are going to drop something on their toes, so I usually have 1 pair of sneakers that fit, plus the pair they just outgrew and the next size up that can be used in the case of a shoe disappearance.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
Sha-nanagins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For summer, I keep the following -

1 week's worth of "play" clothes - cotton/jersey pull-on shorts and t-shirts. Since I bathe my kids at night, these double as pjs.

2 weeks' worth of underwear and a few pairs of socks (my kids HATE wearing socks and shoes, so we rarely wear closed shoes in the summer)

2 outfits dressy enough for church or a nice outing (solid color polo shirt or short-sleeve button downs, solid twill shorts in khaki, navy or black)

1 -2 pairs of long pants - preferably something that will work for church/nice outings, like khakis

1 -2 pairs of jeans

1 swim outfit (trunks and rash guard shirt)

1 pair each: sneakers, casual sandals/flip flops, dressy shoes (usually something like brown leather-like sandals)

This is minimum. They always end up with a few extras.
Sha-nanagins is offline   Reply With Quote