Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #11
EmsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Room sharing

I can't wait to show all these responses to DH

Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #12
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

The notion that everyone must have their own room is sort of odd to me. Seems like a very new idea. I just don't see why it's necessary. But then again, we have three kids in one room and would be totally fine putting a fourth in there. They like to be together.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #13
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would have no problem with it. I co-sleep so the baby would be in my bed until at least 2 (probably older because neither of my boys weaned until at least 2.5) and then I would have no problem with a toddler moving in with an older sib. Right now my boys 7 and 11 share a room. They don't even have to share, we have a 3 bedroom house, they just wanted to. The extra bedroom is being used as a playroom. It is convenient, all of the toys in one room and the sleeping area in the other. What I really think it comes down to is that they like being together. We have discussed adopting in the future which would mean our boys sharing a room permanently (unless we eventually finish the rest of our garage and even then I would probably use that for a play room not a bedroom until they were in their teens).
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #14
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our girls are 5 and 2.5, and still share a room with us. Neither of them wants their own room. We have another on the way, and baby will share with us as well. Once they are ready to move out of our room, they will be sharing a room.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #15
EmsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

FTR I'm not opposed to room sharing at all. I would put my older two together in a heartbeat if they were the same sex. I just feel like DD is getting to the age where she shouldn't be sharing with her little bro.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #16
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby

I totally agree. I don't have my own room and frankly I don't like to sleep alone. It doesn't surprise me that the kids don't like to sleep alone eithet
Yup. My 18 and 14 yr old share a room and we share a room with the 2 yr old and baby. Tell your dh he doesn't have HIS own room, lol.
I wouldn't put the baby with the kiddo but that's bc we bed share with littles. Oh when my older 4 were younger, they chose to share a room and in the morning, I would find them piled up like puppies asleep.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #17
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would put the 2 older kids together or let baby sleep in your room

my kids share rooms, they love it, we moved the 2 of them in together on new years eve and they both sleep better now, I think they like not being alone
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #18
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmsMom View Post
FTR I'm not opposed to room sharing at all. I would put my older two together in a heartbeat if they were the same sex. I just feel like DD is getting to the age where she shouldn't be sharing with her little bro.
How about just having the older kids share a room for a year or two and then put the then toddler in with the same gender sibling and the other sibling would have their own room?
Old 02-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #19
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmsMom View Post
I will not room share if they are more than 5 years apart. My 15 yr old would be so upset if I stuck a baby in his room.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #20
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My 6 and 4 year old share a room. They prefer to share rather than have their own rooms. The new baby will share a room with me til he is weans (probably 2) then he will join them.... I will purchase triple bunk beds before then. I have another bedroom but it is much more practical in our house to use it as a play/toy room. I am sure someone will want their own room as they get bigger if not it will become the library/homeschool room.
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote