Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #11
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had to go dairy free until dd was 8-9 mo ths old. She had everything you are saying. After that I could have dairy but she still couldn't until 13 months. Just keep reminding yourself its only for a short time.

Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #12
2btwinmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Any dairy free moms out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTooters View Post
I've heard that there are some dairy free chocolate chips...I was at Kroger last night and tried to look but my baby would not calm down so we just left. I saw it on the website www.milkfreekids.com. There's a whole list of dairy free things on there somewhere.
The enjoy life chocolate chips are dairy free.
2btwinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #13
2btwinmama
Registered Users
seller

I use coconut milk and almond milk. Look into paleo websites as they are dairy free and have lots of great ideas.
2btwinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #14
MommaTooters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Today I made scrambled eggs with my new rice milk and some daiya cheese. GAG!!
MommaTooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #15
angilles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was dairy free from the time dd was 2mos until 9 months. Had all the same symptoms as your LO plus blood in the poop. It is hard but I saw so much improvement in her mood and behavior it was totally worth it. I have read that food allergies and oversupply sometimes can have the same symptoms. Check out Kellymom.com. For me, I know it was a food sensitivity. I tried re-introducing dairy a couple times in between and she wasn't ready until recently. Funny thing is, I feel alot better and have way fewer digestive issues when I eat dairy free so I am probably going to go back to it just for myself. Good luck!
angilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #16
babymakesfive
Registered Users

Were facing the impending possibility that our six week old has a milk allergy....we go back Monday to start ruling out possible causes of her wide spread rash. Good to know I'm not alone and that theres support.
babymakesfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #17
foolsgold
Registered Users

My Mood:

IMO rice milk is NASTY... but my b-i-l loves it so to each their own I guess. Try the almond milk, lots better imo. Just make sure that if you are doing something savory that you get the ORIGINAL UNSWEETENED not the unsweetened VANILLA! .... from personal experience garlic mashed potatoes made w/ vanilla milk don't go over very well
ISO: Chubby Cherub AI2 Diapers!
Find BF'ing Ribbons here.
foolsgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #18
MommaTooters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My dd has baby acne/rash on her face & neck. Nothing anywhere else. Sometimes her face is more rashy looking than other times. I don't get it.

Her poops are now dark green, a little pasty, and a bit liquidy at the sane time. I hate this. Ugh

About the milk...I like rice milk in my cereal. The almond milk was too thick for me. Used to 2% milk. I've not tried either one alone, I hate just drinking white milk.
MommaTooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #19
Pumpkinnoodlemama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You could also try bicycling her legs to help with the gas, or just press her knees gently against her tummy. It helped with my ds quite a bit.

I am a big lover of rice milk (the vanilla-flavored is so yummy), but I just recently heard from another mama on here that arsenic has been linked to rice? Has anyone else heard that? I may need to switch to almond milk.

Carob chips are dairy-free and you can get them at pretty much any health food store, I think. I know Whole Foods carries them.

Good luck, mama!
Pumpkinnoodlemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #20
Pumpkinnoodlemama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just want to encourage you not to give up on BF. It will get easier, I promise. I had a very rough start with my boy ten months ago, but we hung in there and had lots of help from great lactation consultants and my midwives. I absolutely love the BF relationship we have now. It's very special and nurturing for both of us! Plus I know he is getting the absolute best food that he can get right now.

Maybe check in your area for a La Leche League group to get extra support, or if there are any lactation clinics near you. The one I went to was free.

Good luck!
Pumpkinnoodlemama is offline   Reply With Quote