Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #21
SenoraE
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge: 2/18-2/22

Can't wait to see your closet! I could use some more motivation! ALTHOUGH - I guess it IS rubbing off on someone because DH all on his own went through all his fall/winter stuff and got rid of 34 items!! I picked out the "cool" American Eagle and snowmobiling stuff to bring to school for my students, and the rest I bagged up for my mom's church who has a clothing dumpster that they get money for. He said as soon as it's warm he'll get the summer stuff down from the top of his closet and clean that out too! WOWEEE!!! We already cleaned out last year to get everything we had to fit in our closets (no extra totes under the bed or in the attic), so you can tell our tolerance is definitely shifting! I am stoked!!!

Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #22
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandi View Post
Yeah!!!!!!

I took mine yesterday. Woohoo!!!!
Yah, I'm so glad that I went and got rid of it yesterday. There were a few things that I was hesitating about and I'm glad it's gone. I did discover that I got rid of some crib duvets and today I found the pillow case, so darn I could have sent that too.
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #23
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here are two of the piles of junk I got rid of this week! I already put a few things in a bag for Goodwill, gave my mom two scrapbooks, and the rest went in the trash.

My mom came over for a few hours today and I was able to finish painting the closet. I can't wait to start putting things away tomorrow; my kitchen is pretty much unusable because stuff is everywhere. It's a disaster and it's making me crabby... but I know it will be worth it once it's finished.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #24
SenoraE
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordbox View Post

My mom came over for a few hours today and I was able to finish painting the closet. I can't wait to start putting things away tomorrow; my kitchen is pretty much unusable because stuff is everywhere. It's a disaster and it's making me crabby... but I know it will be worth it once it's finished.
What's your timeline for the remodel? Can you see the light at the end of the tunnel yet?
Old 02-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #25
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraE View Post
What's your timeline for the remodel? Can you see the light at the end of the tunnel yet?
Oh yes, definitely! I should be done tomorrow or Monday, it was just a "quick" closet repaint and reorganization. It's just taking too long for my liking, especially since I had to take EVERYTHING out, sort through it all, box things up in new ways, label, etc. It's a utility-type closet in our kitchen (above our basement stairs) so it holds all sorts of things. Tools, house maintenance stuff, paint, crafting things, cleaning supplies, etc.

My husband hasn't been around much this week/weekend, and I thought he would be home the night that I started it, so it's carried on because the kids don't give me any real chunks of time to work on it (mine are 2.5 years and 6 months). If I had known then I would have waited until next weekend! haha... everything is in my kitchen, because it's the only room I could easily gate off to keep my son out of, so it's hard just to get a cup of coffee. I can't wait to start putting stuff away tomorrow.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?

Last edited by wordbox; 02-23-2013 at 08:13 PM.
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote