Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #11
karlitacat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: period back at 4mo pp

My sister-in-law, who has six boys, sings praises about the fact that she wouldn't get her period back for over a year (as long as she was nursing, so sometimes more). I was SO UPSET when I got mine back around my 6-week PP OB-GYN visit. I exclusively nursed AND pumped, but once you get your period back it's there to stay (though it might be irregular). After my second delivery, it came back sooner. *Sigh* I'm NOT looking forward to it after the arrival of baby #3 next month. I'll just be getting over PP bleeding!

Advertisement

karlitacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #12
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_K View Post
Mine came back three months pp, I was really hoping for a break from aunt flo!
Me too! Especially as my BFF didn't get hers back at all while BF so I was expecting not to get it. But nope, he was three months old and aunt flo decided to visit. And she showed up like clockwork, pretty much every 27-28 days after. Ugh.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
Krafter
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son was born at 35 weeks 5 days and weighed 8 lbs 9oz. I was induced due to severe pre-eclampsia. I had to pump for the first few weeks as my son was so drugged and a preemie that he barely stayed awake for a bottle let alone a breast he had to work hard at. At 4 1 /2 weeks post-partum I had gall bladder surgery and a week later Aunt flow showed up. I was almost done bleeding and then it took another 2 1/2 weeks to stop bleeding. My mom freaked out that I was hemoraging because she went years without a period nursing! It just happens to some of us. It just really sucks to PMS while recovering from surgery and not know it, lol!
Krafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #14
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Mine came back at 5 w pp last time. Totally sucked. And it was very regular despite the constant breastfeeding. Some of us are just lucky, I guess. My SIL called me one day in a panic because she got hers at 9 m pp and thought that was so early! I told her she was lucky
Old 02-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #15
NYEMom1231
Registered Users
seller

With my first, I got my period back a few days shy of 5 months postpartum. It was permanent, despite breastfeeding until 19 months, including extra pumping for a stash for 14 months.
NYEMom1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #16
birdinhand
Registered Users

Mine have come back at 5 months, 5 months, and 4 months. If you have a higher estrogen level, you can get your periods back sooner. Personally, I didn't mind it, because we use FAM, so without a period I am always worried I could get pregnant, whereas once it was back I knew when to expect it.

With my first he didn't even eat solids until 14 months, and still it came!. After my second baby was born, I was tandem nursing him and his brother -- I expected it to stay away longer, but it still came back at 5 months. I always nurse my babies ad lib, never use bottles or pacis, nurse 2-3 times a night up until 6ish month, and still get them back early. I am okay with it, it's just how my body works.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #17
AmarilloMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeweese View Post
Mine returned immediately and stayed. It's very common. Sorry!
Same here!
AmarilloMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #18
Namiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine came back at 2 mo pp but then i haven't had it since. . . which i am perfectly fine with. I keep expecting it everyday though