Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #21
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Names?

Only if you plan to cover her in monograms. lol. I can't think of much I would/have monogrammed growing up. Maybe a backpack or something...but she could just put a nickname.

Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #22
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

yeah we don't do monogramed stuff either.

I do look at their initials (First, Middle, Last) and see what it would be.

DS is SWN (swan)
DD is EJN

mine is EDN (eden)
DH is BJN

My sister growing up was LAB
Her daughter is CAR
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:27 PM   #23
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm weird and think it would be cool to have a T name for baby then our family would BE SET

Ben
Erica

Steven
Emily
T

Or another E name and then we'd BE SEEN (N is our last name)
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:26 AM   #24
mrserhabor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Right now I'm pretty set on names. For a girl it would be Ruth Estrella and a boy would be Jericho Orion.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:29 AM   #25
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We don't really think about initials other then to make sure it doesn't say something rude. DH has already had a boy named that had his initials (one of our lost sons) and if we got a girl this time she would have his initials. You rarely go by your initials anyway so I am not really that concerned. I just wouldn't name a boy after DH as he is named Anthony and he isn't Italian. This has actually caused problems in the past (not big but annoying none the less). He was named after a great uncle though (also not Italian).
Old 02-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #26
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I just wouldn't name a boy after DH as he is named Anthony and he isn't Italian. This has actually caused problems in the past (not big but annoying none the less). He was named after a great uncle though (also not Italian).
I don't think of Anthony as an Italian name persay. Maybe it depends on where you live? Honestly I think of the Romans (which...yeah...were the "early" Italians, lol) but I am a history buff.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #27
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed1018 View Post
I don't think of Anthony as an Italian name persay. Maybe it depends on where you live? Honestly I think of the Romans (which...yeah...were the "early" Italians, lol) but I am a history buff.
We live in New Jersey. Italians are everywhere here (but at least we get good pizza!). Also our last name is polish (shortened from DH's grandfather to sound more German), but sounds Asian. So people are all confused by us!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #28
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I started to think of some names, but then the list was tossed by accident by either a child of mine, or dh. So, I think I'll just think up a few names, but not get too serious until I get my gender u/s in a couple weeks.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #29
clothdipemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We always seem to pick the name really early. All our kiddos have names that start with the letter "R," so this one will follow suit. We also always keep the name a secret until the baby is born. This time is kind of cool because we are NOT finding out the baby's gender and the name we have picked out is gender neutral, so it will work out either way.
Wife 09/06, and Mom to GirlBabyr02/08 BoyBabyr 10/09 and GirlBabyr 09/11 and #4 :Girlbabyr 08/13
clothdipemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #30
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdipemama View Post
We always seem to pick the name really early. All our kiddos have names that start with the letter "R," so this one will follow suit. We also always keep the name a secret until the baby is born. This time is kind of cool because we are NOT finding out the baby's gender and the name we have picked out is gender neutral, so it will work out either way.
I've thought about doing that, or keeping the gender (this time around since this will be the first time we've found out) secret until the baby was born. My family would seriously go nuts on me though. I would be asked a thousand times a day, given all kinds of lectures on how it isn't fair not to tell, etc

We're not set on names yet, but for a boy we're thinking Nolan. No middle yet. For a girl we both liked Rhea. Im not sure about it anymore, I think I like Raya or Raia better. Neither of us are budging at the moment
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote