Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
sweetest's Avatar
sweetest
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 816
Large GMD flats questions...

I have some Large GMD flats that I bought on FSOT a while back... I've been going back and forth about getting rid of them but I think I decided to keep them for now (I just can't let them go!!) They measure 31" square. Do you think these are the old larges??

I can't seem to find a fold that works for my 9 Month old (19lbs and 29") He is fairly slim in the waist with average size (meaty) thighs and bum. I've tried kite fold and prefold fold and the diaper just seems giant on him. I think maybe the flats are just too big... is that possible. I used small flats on him when he was a NB and I did fine (I still have small flats that I use as kitchen towels but I've gotten rid of all the ones I used when he was tiny... I guess I could try some of those).

Does anyone have pictures of a baby around this size (like medium cover range) in a Large GMD flat (or a similar sized flat). I'm just wanting to play around with flats a little and I can't make it work... Can flats be too big??

Also, does anyone Jelly Roll after putting on the flat??

Advertisement

sweetest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
princessgirl409's Avatar
princessgirl409
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,233
GMD larges are the only flats we have ever used with our youngest dd. We didn't use flats during the newborn stage but she was not very old when we did start. Mine are the older flats as well.
There is a thread on here somewhere about the airplane fold. A DS mama came up with it and it is fabulous. I use it for dd, but it would have to be even better for boys because most of the layers are in the front.

I absolutely jelly roll when dd is in a flat. If I don't the diaper hangs waaay down on her thighs and I hate that. I love my flats to look nice and neat!

Look for that thread. It is very helpful!
__________________
Rachel
Lovin' being married to my hard workin' preacher husband and mama to my five super kiddos!
ds 6/01 ds 2/03 ds 5/06
dd 4/09 dd 1/11
dd 12/13 (24 wks) expecting twins 1/15
princessgirl409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
sweetest's Avatar
sweetest
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 816
Re: Large GMD flats questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessgirl409 View Post
GMD larges are the only flats we have ever used with our youngest dd. We didn't use flats during the newborn stage but she was not very old when we did start. Mine are the older flats as well.
There is a thread on here somewhere about the airplane fold. A DS mama came up with it and it is fabulous. I use it for dd, but it would have to be even better for boys because most of the layers are in the front.

I absolutely jelly roll when dd is in a flat. If I don't the diaper hangs waaay down on her thighs and I hate that. I love my flats to look nice and neat!

Look for that thread. It is very helpful!
Thanks for the encouragement! I have been thinking of getting rid of the flats just because I can't figure them out. It's so frustrating because I used flats when he was smaller with no problem... I even used the airplane fold with smaller flats (I had actually forgotten that!).

I'm going to fold up a few flats and try them today. I need to figure out how to jelly roll... my flat always needs lots of tucking after it is on, I don't think that would be the case if I could figure out how to jelly roll
sweetest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
mblicious
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Eastern CT
Posts: 37
Re: Large GMD flats questions...

Ok, what's a jelly roll?!
mblicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #5
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Naples, Italy
Posts: 2,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetest
I have some Large GMD flats that I bought on FSOT a while back... I've been going back and forth about getting rid of them but I think I decided to keep them for now (I just can't let them go!!) They measure 31" square. Do you think these are the old larges??

I can't seem to find a fold that works for my 9 Month old (19lbs and 29") He is fairly slim in the waist with average size (meaty) thighs and bum. I've tried kite fold and prefold fold and the diaper just seems giant on him. I think maybe the flats are just too big... is that possible. I used small flats on him when he was a NB and I did fine (I still have small flats that I use as kitchen towels but I've gotten rid of all the ones I used when he was tiny... I guess I could try some of those).

Does anyone have pictures of a baby around this size (like medium cover range) in a Large GMD flat (or a similar sized flat). I'm just wanting to play around with flats a little and I can't make it work... Can flats be too big??

Also, does anyone Jelly Roll after putting on the flat??
I use origami, and I roll in the legs before wrapping around the waist. With that fold, you can easily fold down th back (bonuses as a poop fence!) or the front (extra wetzone layers).
__________________
Marianna and new Usborne Books and More consultant married to C mama to P (05/10) and J (12/11) and baby tre coming 10/14
~Shop at my absolute favorite cloth diaper store HERE! Free diapers, rewards points, and free shipping!~
~Save 20% with code NIFT8010 on your first order at: Diapers.com Soap.com Wag.com Yoyo.com Casa.com Afterschool.com Vine.com Bookworm.com and Look.com~
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
supermomof2
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,046
My Mood:
Re: Large GMD flats questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988 View Post
I use origami, and I roll in the legs before wrapping around the waist. With that fold, you can easily fold down th back (bonuses as a poop fence!) or the front (extra wetzone layers).
^ This. Exactly. I LOVE the origami fold for the large GMD! My LO is 12 months old, has chunky thighs, and weighs about 22 lbs.
__________________
keeper of the castle , wife to my handsome mechanic , mommy to many
supermomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.