Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
squirrelmommy
Registered Users
seller

After trying AIOs I like BG freetimes, Swaddlebees one size and bottom bumpers. Freetimes and Swaddlebees are first and bumpers are a second . I am planning to order about dozen freetimes, 10 Swaddlebees and 5 bb. Before making the leap I have been reading about elemental and I wanted to know if I should consider . Drying time is important to me and of course no leaks. period. i have not tried elementals but free times had zero leaks. but then my baby is 5 weeks old. i dont want to end up buying a ton more once he gets older because the wetness is not being contained. What do you think of the stash? Please comment before I take the leap.

Advertisement

Last edited by squirrelmommy; 02-23-2013 at 06:50 PM.
squirrelmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
kkleinman
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I can't comment about the stash you have, but we have a handful of elementals and we can only use them for 1.5 hours at the most before DS pees out of them. He is a heavy wetter though. Elementals do dry very quickly, mine dry in one cycle on low heat in a very old dryer.

I personally would not jump into a whole stash of one kind of diaper with a five week old. You have no idea what kind of wetter your little one will be, and you will have a harder time if you need to adjust the absorbency later on. Good luck momma!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
eileprose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: AIO leap- ordering stash please comment

Well, I have freetimes and swaddlebees OS. I haven't tried the bottom bumpers or the new elemental. I didn't like the fit of the old elemental, the way they did the leg elastic wasn't really a good fit on my little one. It did take a very long time to dry as well. The new elemental strikes me as a mix of the flip and old elemental. I am not sure if it is a good change, but since I didn't like the old version I am not sure if I am a good judge.

I really love my freetimes, they are the bulk of my stash and my more 'secure' diaper. They have never leaked on me, no matter how big the explosion. Many people have commented that they can be hard to spray off in later diapering but I haven't had that issue. I have a mess sink and I just rinse them there. They also dry SUPER fast. So I love that.

I really like my swaddlebees OS 2.0 as well but they are less secure. If my little one has a runny poop they leak on us. They leak from the back and out the legs. I still like them because they are gentle on her legs but I try not to put them on her if I expect her to poop soon.

If you have tried them all and like what you have, go for it.
eileprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #4
Finniansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My stash consists of Bottombumpers (Sized with aplix), Swaddlebees simplex, and the old Elementals (with detached soakers). I did just order 6 of the new ones too. I also have 8 Nanas Bottoms that I use to supplement. Anyhow, I love all of them about the same. The advantage to the Bottombumpers and Nanas Bottoms are the price and the fact they are sized, which I really like. Nanas bottoms are custom made and are usually in the $10 range and the Bottombumpers were about $15/each brand new. I would definitely suggest trying the old elemental and detaching the soaker if you are able to find a good deal on one. I can't comment on the new ones since I haven't received them yet.
Finniansmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I really like my elementals. I think the elastic is very soft on my sons chunky thighs. They weren't enough absorbancy for the 4-6 month range but once he started eating solids more consistently he peed a lot less and now they are my fave diaper. I'm thinking of buying a few more of the old style before they are too hard to find and get super expensive.

I don't think I like the new style. I hate flips elastic and they are too much like those for me to think I will like them!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
hopeangelmomof5
Registered Users
seller

I have tried Freetimes, Sized Simplex, OS Simplex, Nanas Bottoms and the 'old' BGEs. I liked them all and didn't have problems with any of them, although I prefer natural fibers and reach for those first.

You're plan to buy these diapers is a good one, IMO. They're all 'name brand' diapers and easily resold/hold resale value, if in the future your little one's needs change. We've never had any leaks with any of these diapers-and that counts when I've left the baby with my husband and he forgot to change her/she was sleeping, ect, like up to four or 5 hours, so it definitely depends of the baby.

If you can use some codes to get good deals on the diapers, you'll also save some money there. I don't buy any new diapers without a coupon code-they're always around.
hopeangelmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
Mandi2012
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We love our BG Freetime for our 2 month old and 2 1/2yr old! We have one Elemental in the old school and we haven't had issues with it but it's not our favorite style. However, the new elemental replaces a lot of what we didn't like (like how the soaker is sewn in) but we haven't tried it yet.
Mandi2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #8
squirrelmommy
Registered Users
seller

Thank you ladies
squirrelmommy is offline   Reply With Quote