Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #41
tabitha84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone decluttering their LIFE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMommy6111 View Post
Welcome! DH & I share a car. It sucks!!! But we can't afford a car payment, insurance, maintenance, ect. ect. It only happened b/c DH didn't have a car when we met.

My DH is not on board either, so I frequently have to sneak things out & he doesn't even notice.

Good Luck with your journey toward minimalism!

Our extreme goals:
7 outfits each for summer & 7 for winter
1 towel each
1 set of sheets & 1 blanket per bed
24 cloth dipes (more allowed for babies under 1)
*We're actually doing food with 18 diapers but we keep around extra PFs*

1 big plates/adult + 2 for prep & storage
1 small plate per child
1 bowl per person (maybe + 1 or 2)
2 cups per person
1 small, 1 medium, 1 large each pot and pan
<6 other cooking instruments (toaster over, rice cooker, muffin pan, cookie sheet)
<10 pieces of food storage items (pyrex or tupperwear)
14 unpaper towels& 7 kitchen towels

I would really love to have less paper work too.
We don't have a TV. If we want to watch something we rent a DVD & stick it in the desktop.
Haha! I sneak stuff out, too. And your right, he never notices!!
Thanks for sharing. Those are great goals!

Advertisement

Old 02-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #42
tabitha84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone decluttering their LIFE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMommy6111 View Post
For us this is how it works: I drop DH off at work every morning and pick him up. I have the car all the time. Have you considered that? How far away does he work? What time does he get up? DS sleeps while I drop DH off. How far away my DH works varies b/c he works for a temp serivce. Right now It's 1 hour - 1:15 away, but he just stopped a job that was 15 minutes away. Even though I have the car I very rarely go anywhere. I like to be at home. Especially on yucky days. Do you actually leave home on yucky days? How essential is that trip? If you could avoid it then you wouldn't have to worry about walking in that weather, KWIM?
Thanks for your input. I'm sorry you have to drive DH to work.
My DH usually works just 10 minutes away, but somedays he goes in at 3am. My kids aren't the kind who stay asleep when you move them, so that would be pretty disturbing for them. But, I don't need to have the car everyday. Only if I had a birthday party to take the kids to or something that was far away. I wouldn't go out in bad weather unless I had to. I was thinking about M-F walking them to the school and then back again. It would probably take 10 minutes to get up to the intersection, across and walk to the school. It's not that I think we'll die from the elements, but will I be wishing I didn't get rid of my car when we're wet and freezing walking to school? I guess I just wanted to hear someone say that they got appropriate gear and it was fine, haha! I am backing off of the idea of getting rid of a car for now, I think. I don't think I'd be able to convince DH yet. There are a few smaller things I need to work on first. My sister offered to let me park my car at her place, which is across town, for a trial run. Maybe I'll do that in a few weeks.