Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #11
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyes
Congratulations on the successful VBAC! How do you know if a mother is a candidate for VBAC? I had two C-Sections and if I get pregnant again I would opt for that kind of delivery. Does it depend on the baby's presentation?
I'm not exactly sure if the "criteria". You would have to have a doc/mw willing to let you attempt. It also depends on the reasons for your previous c-sections and type of incision on your uterus. I had two previous successful vaginal deliveries and then an emergency c-section due to pProm and a baby in distress.

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #12
carriejb
Registered Users

Re: My successful vbac!

Yeah! I love hearing successful stories!
carriejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #13
ChaoticDreams33
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations! Amazing story, I hope I have a good one to share in a couple years too
ChaoticDreams33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #14
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

congratulations! So wonderful to hear of success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyes View Post
Congratulations on the successful VBAC! How do you know if a mother is a candidate for VBAC? I had two C-Sections and if I get pregnant again I would opt for that kind of delivery. Does it depend on the baby's presentation?
generally it depends on WHY the csection was had. For instance, if the mother had placenta previa (placenta covering the cervix) and needed a csection, there's a good chance she wouldn't have that problem again. Or if the baby was breech and the doctors didn't want to deliver breech, there's a good chance the mom wouldn't have that problem again (or could get assistance helping the baby turn).

lots of reasons why csections happen, that is no fault of mom. Cord wraps that cause fetal distress, water broken for 'too long', etc.

usually a mom is not a good candidate if it's something abnormal with her body or the way that her csection incisions were done, etc.

here are a couple good lists:
http://givingbirthwithconfidence.org...hoices-if-not/

http://www.birthactivist.com/2010/07...bac-guideline/
Old 02-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #15
ChunkyMunky
Banned

AND....officially inspired. THanks!!!! Oh, and Congrats!
ChunkyMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #16
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you so much for sharing you have inspired me just like all of the other vbac stories I have read on ds. I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant with our third and hoping for my first vaginal birth. I go to my new obgyn tomorrow who will tell me if she will take me on as a vba2c patient.
Anna0623 is offline   Reply With Quote