Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #11
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Monday

IDK...Each class would have 30 kids. The layout of the school is really weird. It's so spread out. Also it seems to be too trendy with its comunal area in fron of a stage...and then they had to have a wannabe popstar perform there tonight too. Duh!

Shannon started acting really weird, like Über childish. Not like the girl we know. yk.

Heiner is pushing to send her there....sadly there is no other option for Real school in the area. All the Real-School kids have to go to this school. Now...there is Haupt and Werkreal school. But they aren't as good as finishing at a Real school.

There is an open day in the Werkreal school next week which we want to go and see too.

Thing is in the Werkreal school she'd have the same resulting qualification but it'd take 1 year longer than if she went to the Real school...but apparently there is a stigma attached to Werkreal schools.

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hope you like the Werkreal school better. IMHO: One year longer at this point in her life is not a big deal, especially if it is a better fit for her
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #13
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's hard because I have a Real (the UK version) school qualification and Heiner has Haupt school qualification.

I can see his point in that he wants the best for her but is it the best? I mean, ok...she's clever but it's not enough to be clever. You have to want to do the work. You have to push yourself through school and want to do the best work you can...and that's not Shannon.

I have a super work ethic. Heiner doesn't...Shannon doesn't either. We have had to push her all the way though primary school and often it's been a battle. It's really not been easy. I just cant imagine how had it'd be to push her though this too.

But Heiner thinks it's different in the Real school. He thinks it's more hands-on and doing more stuff yourself so he thinks that will motivate her. In the Haup school the kids never got to do any science experiments or build things. I did in my school.

I just dont know...This is one of the biggest decisions we're going to make for her because it really will have an influence on the rest of her life and I really dont want to choose.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #14
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is Shannon getting to visit the schools? What do her teachers recommend?
Old 02-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #15
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~whitehologram~ View Post

I think it's ok to take to work still. It'll look better with the icing.
Looks delicious!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
It is Kari but also not shocking. Both have fathers with drinking problems. It really is a part of life for many of our kids. The best we can do is give them the tools they need to make better choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~whitehologram~ View Post
It's hard because I have a Real (the UK version) school qualification and Heiner has Haupt school qualification.

I can see his point in that he wants the best for her but is it the best? I mean, ok...she's clever but it's not enough to be clever. You have to want to do the work. You have to push yourself through school and want to do the best work you can...and that's not Shannon.

I have a super work ethic. Heiner doesn't...Shannon doesn't either. We have had to push her all the way though primary school and often it's been a battle. It's really not been easy. I just cant imagine how had it'd be to push her though this too.

But Heiner thinks it's different in the Real school. He thinks it's more hands-on and doing more stuff yourself so he thinks that will motivate her. In the Haup school the kids never got to do any science experiments or build things. I did in my school.

I just dont know...This is one of the biggest decisions we're going to make for her because it really will have an influence on the rest of her life and I really dont want to choose.
Sounds difficult. On one hand pushing her might overwhelm her. I know you have had difficulties getting her to do her work already. On the other hand the other school sounds like a better education for her.
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #16
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Is Shannon getting to visit the schools? What do her teachers recommend?
Yes, she was with us today and will be with us when we visit the others schools too.

Heiner went to the parent's evening...I was home with the kids so it's hard to know for sure what was said. He says they told him that they were leaning towards Real school but when he mentioned the Werkreal school they mentioned the one maths test she'd done with the better grade and that she has a good vocabulary and said Real school.

Heiner told me when he went to his 10 year school reunion their teacher was there and he said that the Haupt school work they did then is the same as the Real school work now. Another thing that's making it hard to decide.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #17
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's hard...I just am going to have to think long and hard about it. I really dont have long to make the decision.

Trouble is Heiner has already made up his mind. He just wants her to have better than him and in his mind that means going to Real School. It means she has other options open to her.

...but I have not made up my mind.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #18
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am sure it is a hard decision. Seems like the middle one might be a better compromise.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #19
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK I am getting to skip out on the staff meeting but I think I solved everyone's "test week" issues by creating an after testing schedule that gets them all 4 days of that week when they get a 30 minute prep rather than no prep at all.
I means that PE, Library, and Music will take a hit and have to do more teaching in the afternoon but if it makes the rest of the staff happy and gets them off our backs then it works for the 3 of us.

Last edited by jwjbbrown; 02-25-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #20
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I am sure it is a hard decision. Seems like the middle one might be a better compromise.
It seems that way but I'm trying not to make a decision until I've seen the Werkreal school.