Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Breastpump

I just found out that my Ins company covers a breastpump!!! Squeeeee!!!! At the bottom of the page in this link from my insurance company...what would be your choice??

Advertisement

babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
mmeneely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastpump

Ameda Purely Yours, without question.

Last edited by mmeneely; 02-04-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Let's spell it correctly!
mmeneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would get the Medela Double Pump personally. For me, by the time I pump or nurse on one side, milk has poured out the other. So I far prefer a double pump, and use a Milk Saver when nursing
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

I will be getting the Hygeia (HG) Breast Pump. It has a closed system and is the only pump endorsed by LLL. It also comes with a LLL membership. Here are some of the highlights. (I have heard good things about the purely yours as well and Ameda is also who compliant and a closed system I believe)

What Makes Hygeia Different

Returnable – Unlike other manufacturers, our retail breast pumps are returnable within the first three weeks. We stand behind our products and are confident that we have the right pump type to meet moms’ needs.
Hospital-Grade Performance – Unlike other manufacturers, all our personal-use electric breast pumps have the performance and hygienic features found in hospitals.
Ecological – Because our pumps are true hospital grade, they can be rented and shared between mothers who use their own pumping sets. Our commitment to the environment makes our pumps one of the “greenest” on the market. You can share your breast-pump with another mom when you’re done or return it to Hygeia for recycling or reuse.
WHO Code – Hygeia is one of the very few WHO Code compliant pump companies. That means that we support the World Health Organization’s International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes. Simply, we believe that breast milk is the normal way to feed human babies and choose to market our products without undermining breastfeeding in any way.
Support – Hygeia provides options for moms to obtain local support from a lactation consultant. Hygeia provides qualified referrals with trusted experts in local areas who can provide personal support.
Value – Hygeia makes hospital-grade pumps that can moms can purchase or rent. Our pumps cost less upfront and are designed to be used for more than one baby. Other breast pump companies warrant their purchased pumps for only the first year. At Hygeia we’re proud to provide a three-year warranty on our retail pumps, yet another way we show our commitment to families.
BPA and DEHP Free – All pump parts that come in touch with breast milk are BPA- and DEHP- free – offering peace of mind for breastfeeding moms worried about chemicals.
- See more at: https://hygeiainc.com/about-us/#sthash.FiUH2ekr.dpuf

Last edited by Keropisunshine23; 02-05-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Keropisunshine23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
Ms-gurl
Registered Users

Are you going to be pumping mainly at home or outside the home? The pump you choose will have a lot to do with that.
Ms-gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
BabyBuncher
Registered Users

I have the Medela Pump in Style Advanced. Love it! Wouldn't buy any other.
BabyBuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #7
AngelElle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Walgreens has 20% off Medela and extra 15% off total purchase. I just got a freestyle for $272 and insurance will reimburse $255 of it. I'm so excited!
AngelElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #8
AngelElle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had a dud hygiea... It was supposed to be refurbished. It had very little suction. I could have had it on all day and wouldn't have got an ounce. I sent it back, which was hilarious because I had charged it up and it has a button you push and it plays a crying baby sound. The way I packed it, every time you moved the box the pump would start "crying". God only knows what the postal worker thought! Anyway, they said they would refund sine i returned within three weeks. This was over a year ago and I'm still waiting! They said it was never received. I do think this might have been a fluke. Other people seem to like it.
AngelElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #9
Hoppinmom
Registered Users

I loved the Medela Freestyle! I was able to continue to chart while I pumped so I didn't have to stay at work longer d/t pumping! It was on the expensive side, but totally worth it for me!!!
Hoppinmom is offline   Reply With Quote